Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Putting in a raidio/cd player

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Putting in a raidio/cd player Empty
PostSubject: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:37 am

So another question for you..

The car we have has an eclips GPS/CD/DVD/TV radio thingy in it. But of course its all Japanese & only plays CD's & the radio. We have the expander thingy but its not installed. I was wondering if it would just be worth putting a new system in? Is it easy enough to do? I don't want anything flash just radio & CD.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 am

either way you will have to pull out the dash but i think the easiest way would be to just put in the expander.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:24 am

oh ok. I hate that these things were not already done. I was under the impression that they were putting it in for me. But they only supplied the piece.

Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:26 am

could we do it ourselves? Put the expander in that is? Or would it be too complicated?
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:08 am

no not really you will need to take the dash out 3 screws and conect the expander to the antenna lead then reassemble hope you have small hands or ( know a small handed person lol ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:34 am

hmmm I was told that it was just plug antenna into this bit, this bit into the plug & red wire to red wire....

Hmmm might get DH to look at it.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 am

If you are interested I have a basic radio CD out of a Yaris going cheap (they fit). I bought it for the same reason but went to a 6 stack CD, MP3, blue tooth system. I think though the exapnder is the way to go because some of the systems installed are actually quite good.
Rex
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:59 am

I was have a play with it today. I found that I actually get 2 normal stations though the TV reception LOL. Still not good enough though.
I will keep it in mind werx, But I think DH wants an MP3 thingy in it also. Personally I don't see the point. LOL

Did you install it yourself? I have never had anything like that done, does it cost much?
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 pm

No had it professionally installed with new speakers all round. Cost a fortune. It is actually quite difficult trying to locate Car Audio installers in Sydney. Strathfield cornered the market then went bust. I bought a genuine Toyota system on eBay for $220
Rex
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:37 pm

The radio on mine pulled out with 2 removing tools - 30 seconds flat - you got a pic of the dashboard in case it's different? Mine is similar to this

Putting in a raidio/cd player Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDvNtiKfB4AKFTaDgZ9v0BPPQs2Ic5HgjBNxOrBRh52WEFEEo&t=1&usg=__nkPimQX8jvJ4uIte01xWUNJQk18=

I tell you what was scary though, I google searched for a dashboard and found MY van on a transporter getting picked up in England after the alternator had failed in Slovenia in summer Shocked We got as far as Dover using charged up main and leisure batteries...........pale Cool

Putting in a raidio/cd player Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThrF6BWBj_wC6TpJQ0BUqqHVujxFKcjklYiCMvTehTyXjwueI&t=1&usg=__CLadAWFJ6WQawbuswgNZ3AaHUSI=

Last edited by dandywarhol on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:51 pm

yeah mine looks similar to that. I will take a pic & post it this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting in a raidio/cd player   Putting in a raidio/cd player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting in a raidio/cd player
Page 1 of 1