Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to kill the driver door "open" alarm

Go down 
+3
IH8Domestic
srburnsy
TSN.OOZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

Number of posts : 106
Home City : East Corrimal
Model and year : '95 Super Custom Limited AWD 3L TD
Registration date : 2009-10-11

How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Empty
PostSubject: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 am

- Get torch.
- Look under dash on right side of steering column
- Locate green box
- Remove plug from green box

DONE!!!cheers

Enjoy music with your door open! Drummer
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am

Have been looking to smash that f!#@ thing for a while now!

YOU ARE LEGEND!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
IH8Domestic

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 am

Question :?:Hey...
My first time, hope I'm doing it right.
I'm responding to the )*&%*& door alarm
I really want to kill it too but I was wondering if it was an important reminder
about leaving the glow plugs on too long??
What d'yall think?
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:18 am

It's All good IH8Domestic...
It's an alarm that sounds whilst the accessories are on(e.g.Radio)and door is open...not the ignition.
It's purely a door alarm.
I don't believe it worked with the ignition on anyway from memory?

Really... It should be called "If your getting out of your car don't forget your keys" alarm!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 am

Oh yeah...First post since 2008 Reg???
I was going to welcome you but you've been here longer than me!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah still got my f@% beep beep door open alarm!! Mad I had a look but no where could i find it? I got the digi dash, so i bet it on the back side of that somewhere? Suspect
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 am

Mine's a digi dash too srburnsy...might be different from 95 to 99 then? scratch
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:29 am

Hmm wouldn't think so? i will have to have another look but the only green box i could find was for the blinker's. Shocked
It sounds close like it should be there but just cant find the little shit! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
IH8Domestic

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:39 am

I'll try looking again too.
92 with digi dash, but so far no green box, just really loud noise!!

Thanks for the welcome, babies and stuff, uknow, not much time for tinkering.
cheers
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Must look today. Does it kill the lights left on as well? 94 with digi here
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 am

Sorry AussieQ. I don't have an alarm for the lights...They turn off automatically when I open the door.cheers
scratch OK....directly behind the fuel filler door release. I've got photos but the technology doesn't want to talk to each other at the moment.. Raining
It's about the same size of a pack of cigarettes Evil or Very Mad(cancer sticks!!!)
Back to top Go down
IH8Domestic

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Ok, that helps a little more.
But after reading a couple of threads, I wonder if we're talking about the same thing...
I have the "beep beep beep beep" when I have a key in the ignition and a door opened. But when I turn my key on to activate the glow plugs and digidash to do some diagnostics I have about half a minute and then a practically ear piercing steady "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep", comes on until I turn the key off.
I can't seem to do any real troubleshooting without a heavy set of earplugs.

Do the glow plugs only activate for a timed interval or do they stay on as long as the key is on, even after the glow plug dash light goes out?

sorry about the long post
cheers
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 am

Good point, i really dont know scratch Mine doesnt have that at all, only the beep beep when the key is in and door open, as soon as i turn the ignition on the beep beep stops and the digi dash comes on... so does that mean the glow plugs stay on as long as the ignition stays on or does it time out and they turn off automatically? Guess i could try it and see if engine starts after a few minuets Sleep
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 am

I havn't used the auto yet. The old Crowns had it built in, gave you a minute to get out then turned the lights off.
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:33 am

I've never left my ignition on that long to find out...My old man always told me I'd burn out the coil!!! affraid
It's always stuck with me.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Wasn't with key on. Lights just stayed on after you got out for a min or so.

IH8Domestic just put a bit of tape over the door switch when you want to play
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Does it also take care of the hazard light blinkers when you get in and out of the van?
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 pm

I had the drivers seat out on Saturday for changing the timong belt and there is a wire that goes into the seat. I was wondering if there is a pressure sensor there for the seatbelt warning light and if left unplugged might stop the beeping with the key in ignition and out of the van with the door open. I didn't try it on Saturday as I had no time. But if I get chance I will give it a go.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 am

That wire should be for the auto seat adjust. If you haven't got long legs like me then where you set the seat stays in memory and when you get out the seat slides back and then f'ward again when you jump in.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Well I never knew that and I hadn't noticed my seat move. Maybe it is not working. What I never had I don't miss.
Back to top Go down
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:36 pm

haha i'm going to have to look for that this afternoon (will in any case be spending most of the afternoon trying to work out how to change the fog light bulbs (which are apparently no longer commonly for sale in this country in yellow Sad - probably gonna replace them with plain white ones unless i can find some yellow glass paint on the cheap))

i usually leave the keys in the ignition when i'm in the van so i don't lose them, and that beep drives me nuts!

pretty sure i don't have a glow plug alarm; they appear to work on a thermostat and switch themselves off when they think they're warm enough (they're almost always wrong about this though Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to kill the driver door "open" alarm   How to kill the driver door "open" alarm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to kill the driver door "open" alarm
Page 1 of 1