Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gturner

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Niagara Falls
Registration date : 2021-05-21

Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Empty
PostSubject: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 8:36 pm

I have a 98 commuter and have just replaced the condenser/ rad fan, I’m having trouble finding the fuse that powers it. I am in Canada and have had no luck with the dealership that I bought it from any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Good Morning

The relay and fuse for the AC Condenser fan is behind the passenger kick panel. It’s hidden pretty well

Hope that helps

habitants24@gmail.com and Gturner like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 12:39 am

That’s not the only location of the relays related to the AC. There are about 5 (from memory) separate relays tucked up behind the glovebox. They are the alloy coloured cotton-reel type and size. The only way to identify them is to look on the parts diagrams which can take a bit of to-and-fro cross-checking numbers and names with the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Living Saloon EX 2wd H100G 1kz-te
Registration date : 2021-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Any luck with locating these? I'm also in the hunt for them in my 95 Hiace with the 1kz.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 505
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 8:08 pm

Hello.

Here are some parts locations, see if these help:
Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Acpict12
Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Acpict10
Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Acpict11

Sorry they are not great screen grabs. The money shot is here:
Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Acpict13

The condenser fan motor(s) have a current draw of 6.5 +- 0.7A and the positive wiring contact is the one nearer the plug's release tab.

There's also this 20A fuse (on mine anyhow):
Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan 2022-072

It's just to the left of the 'A/C Amplifier' (the computer) and is labelled 'A/C' so must do something, but isn't included in the above pictures.

The above screen shots come from RM156e. Sadly I don't know the title of the RM as page 1 is missing,  Sad . It seems to only cover the L and RZ models and I've no idea if later engines different. Mine's a 'L' and it doesn't seem to be correct for it.  confused  

HTH
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 9:20 pm

Great pictures!
The A/C cutoff relay (above A/C amplifier) the was the one causing my problems a while back. A/C was cycling on and off every 10seconds. Could hear and feel it. It was getting hot too!
Picked up a bunch of the relays off Toyotas at local Pick-A-Part wrecker for $1 ea and swapping it out solved the problem.

At some point someone had also tried to splice other relays in there to bypass some part of the system. Was clearly done by an AC/auto-electrical expert but after I reverted it all back to what looked like factory, it all ran perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Living Saloon EX 2wd H100G 1kz-te
Registration date : 2021-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 1:23 am

This is all super helpful, thanks y’all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan   Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble finding fuse for the A/C condenser fan
Page 1 of 1