Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fault with RH Head Light

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corno

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Fault with RH Head Light Empty
PostSubject: Fault with RH Head Light   Fault with RH Head Light Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:13 pm

I have a wacky problem with my right-hand headlight that probably needs the attention of an auto electrician, but here's hoping I can DIY.

I have KZH-106 1997.

The right hand low beam, high beam and parker do not work. I have swapped the fuse with the left hand headlight and the same thing happens. I've checked the globes and connections and they appear ok.

Here's the wacky bit, when I remove the LH (working light) fuse, both headlights work, but only just, that is it is very dull. The parker still does not light up. Why would the LH light work (a little bit) with the fuse removed?

Given the RH does light up a bit, I think I can say it is not the fuse, globe or contact of the high/low beam globe.

Any ideas and suggestions would be great.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Fault with RH Head Light   Fault with RH Head Light Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:12 am

Bad earth connection on that side?
Back to top Go down
Corno

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Fault with RH Head Light   Fault with RH Head Light Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi Clive, thanks for your reply. Some workmates had suggested that as well. I looked in the battery compartment, expecting to see an earth cable connecting to the body of the van, but there is none there. Do you know where to look for the earth? I haven't been able to find details anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Fault with RH Head Light   Fault with RH Head Light Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Don't know not had to look for mine yet, sorry.

But if you get to the bulb you can run a temp one from there to the body to earth, and then try the lights to see it if is a bad earth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fault with RH Head Light   Fault with RH Head Light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fault with RH Head Light
Page 1 of 1