Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spring Time?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:05 am

After time spent looking around asking suspention places about fitting heavy duty rear springs, im now looking at getting them specially made because nobody has listings for a suitable set of springs for an AWD SC. Has anybody out there done this or has part numbers for stronger springs? I carry heavy loads 90% of the time and have air bag helpers installed for the time being which is ok but not ideal, would like it to sit a bit higher as well so when i venture off road i have more groung clearance, will adjust the front tortion bar accordingly and probably new front shocks as they are leaking now.

pic of some of the terrain i go, no wonder my shocks are leaking.

https://servimg.com/view/12626807/6
https://servimg.com/view/12626807/8
https://servimg.com/view/12626807/15
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:37 pm

have you tried pedders they did my rear springs and i am very happy with them. they used ford extra heavy duty as i carry a electric wheelchair or could try 4*4 centres they may be able to help. Also try grandstyle in sydney they sell parts for sc's Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Hay thanks -Yeah i tried my local 4x4 centre (Oposite Lock) and they were no real help, wasnt going to try Pedders after that but i will now knowing that you got yours there. How much did they sting you for the work done? and would you be able to give me the part number that is yours?
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 pm

it cost me around $300 all in sorry don't know the part no's I went to my local one in moorabbin they will do rear shockers for $90 each
cheers
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 pm

So you got the coil springs and the shocks all for around $300 fully installed as well? - Suspect
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:05 am

If you find out which Ford they come from let us know please.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 am

no just springs for $300
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:57 am

No worries - will find out what springs fit and post it up.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Thank you, as you can see from my avatar my bus sits down at the back and I carry a lot of weight sometimes so the springs need replacing.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:25 pm

You could do what ive done and throw some air bags in - you dont even have to pull the spring out, just skwish em in and pump em right up when your got a load. I only want new springs cause i carry a heavy load all the time and want to raise it another inch for better ground clearance off road.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Would some spring spacers work?....bit like this....
http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/spacers.htm
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Yes they would Chris, but I rather fit new springs and forget it.
Another problem us the tow ball is at the low end of the UK legal height, a bit of baggage and it goes under, then add a folding camper....
Back to top Go down
Chiefster1976
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 29
Home City : Brisbane.
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 11:59 am

Not sure if this helps but I got a set of rear springs from cobra springs in NZ.  AS OF MARCH 2017 price is $280 NZ delivered. That is around $260 AU.
 I WANTED standard height springs it when I told them what I was carrying they said I should go for the extra height springs.
 They also said no other mods will be needed with the extra height springs so I went with their recommendation.

Titan rear drawers 900mmx 1000mm = 65kgs Empty.
2x 10l water carriers.=20kg. Not always full.
1x came 120 ah battery = 31kgs.
Kings 60 litre top loader fridge freezer= 21kgs.
Kings roof rack weight approx =50kgs.
Kings roof top tent tourer= 63kgs.
40" LED light bar approx 3kgs.
Around 265kgs ...
Barring in mind this is with the titan draws being EMPTY and the fridge being EMPTY and no passengers. Lol Shocked
   Possibly looking at another 100kgs with the drawers full and fridge full.
Maybe even more with passengers but there is only 2 of us although. Lol.
    When I think about it , well it's a lot of weight buti hope the springs can do the job from cobra.
  Should be getting them in soon.  Will keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spring Time? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time?   Spring Time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring Time?
Page 1 of 1