Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scooter
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 134
Home City : manchester uk
Model and year : 89 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2009-02-18

service Empty
PostSubject: service   service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 pm

going to factors in morning for fuel filter oil filter air filter anybody got any part nos or equivalents. going to try synthetic oil for engine plus synthetic for gearbox power steering anybody tried any of these products http://www.dukeriesengineering.com/10325/info.php?p=5&pno=0
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Personally I wouldn't bother with synthetic oil on an engine like this. Apart from the extra expensive I don't think it's recommended, probably too thin. (I have to use it in my Passat 20v turbo, and anything decent is nearly £30 a time)
Don't know about steering fluid, but I'd stick to the Toyota stuff (you can also use it for autotrans too.)

You'll find the part numbers at toyodiy.com. Toyota oil filter recommended but they are £17 from the dealer. Both oil and fuel filter are easy to get hold of; usually stock items used on other UK toyotas,
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:50 am

I use semi-synthetic 15.30 - seems to work well.
Dexron 2 is recommended for auto-trans & power steering. Smile
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 am

Oil and fuel filter use not only on other Toyotas but most other Japanese/Korean engine also, so yes easy to get. Air filter was more of a challenge Auto-Jap-Parts had one.

Oil whatever is cheapest for me, as a veg oil burner I change the oil every 5ooo KMs.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 pm

Nothing beats doing regular service - I do filters and oil all round about every 5000 - 8000kms for engine oil and about 20,000 - 30,000kms for auto trans and diff's.

Hay Clive what mix and ratio of Veg oil you using? do you have any engine mods like heated fuel lines/injectors ect..? What engine you have 1kz-te? Im about to start using a 25% wast canola to see how it runs - i have to be careful as the 1kz has an electronic fuel pump and vicosity is more critical as is filtering, will install a lift pump along with some extra filters for piece of mind.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:02 pm

1KZ-TE it is, 100% used chip shop oil, mostly rape but does say contains soya and palm oils.
I used to run a 2CT on the same so just chance my arm after I had the bus a month. Only had one hiccup in the coldest of the UK winter just added 25% Diesel and not had a problem since.
No extra stuff fitted, no heater no nothing, just normal.
Starting from cold takes a second or two longer, but instant once hot.
Extra oommph but as far as I can tell less MPG, not that I watch it that close and as I say it is winter.

I allways carry a spare filter (bought a job lot for the 2CT still have loads), and a jerry can of oil along with a bit of fuel pipe, just incase I can't change the filter should it clog, and it had been 5 months now with the filter that was on it.

I filter the oil myself so I know how good it is, lessons learnt a few years ago hence the job lot of filters.
Back to top Go down
scooter
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 134
Home City : manchester uk
Model and year : 89 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2009-02-18

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 pm

what engine will mine be 2.4 td and what are the codes for different engines cheers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:58 am

Check out yours at www.toyodiy.com
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Clive wrote:
1KZ-TE it is, 100% used chip shop oil, mostly rape but does say contains soya and palm oils.
I used to run a 2CT on the same so just chance my arm after I had the bus a month. Only had one hiccup in the coldest of the UK winter just added 25% Diesel and not had a problem since.
No extra stuff fitted, no heater no nothing, just normal.
Starting from cold takes a second or two longer, but instant once hot.
Extra oommph but as far as I can tell less MPG, not that I watch it that close and as I say it is winter.

I allways carry a spare filter (bought a job lot for the 2CT still have loads), and a jerry can of oil along with a bit of fuel pipe, just incase I can't change the filter should it clog, and it had been 5 months now with the filter that was on it.

I filter the oil myself so I know how good it is, lessons learnt a few years ago hence the job lot of filters.

Wow - 100% veg oil! How long have you been doing this? Everyone i speak to says this is bad unless you keep it thin with heating. They say no more than 25% - 50% veg with no mods to your set up or you risk long term effects like coking the injectors and cylinders? Im in the process of getting filters ready for my first batch of used canola and palm oil - will start with a 25% blend first to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

service Empty
PostSubject: Re: service   service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

service
Page 1 of 1