Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super Custom ad from Japan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
talman
talman

Number of posts : 15
Home City : Brisbane, Australia.
Model and year : Super Custom '94
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Super Custom ad from Japan Empty
PostSubject: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:50 am

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_q1aSO56B3Q

It was recommended to me by YouTube on the front page... how did it know I had one? Shocked
Back to top Go down
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

Number of posts : 19
Home City : Bangkok
Model and year : 1990 hiace super custom limited Q-LH107Q
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 5:20 pm

hello talman. did youu had wwiring diagram about joy talk?
Back to top Go down
Celticfolk

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Perth
Registration date : 2022-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 11:35 am

Hi fellow super custom owners, may I ask some urgent advice …pretty please I’m a novice
I bought a 2001 SC yesterday and it’s diesel version. It had on advert said timing belt was done but the owner had made an error and it hasn’t.
It’s done 130000km would you say don’t drive on big trips or drive at 60 and don’t thrash it and get it done in next month??

A very worried new owner!Wink also where is coolant on the engine under seat? 😳 I need an education for super custom 😂
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 2:30 pm

Good Morning Celtic Folk

The 1KZ-TE diesel is an interference engine. Yours is past due by quite a bit. It’s very easy to replace and should be done as soon as possible. If it breaks it will lunch that motor.

Under the seat is the coolant overflow tank on your approximate 10 O’Clock direction. The water manifold has the radiator cap and what not. I’ll include pictures of their locations along with the timing belt location so you know better what you’re looking at.

Please don’t drive your van. Replace the belt and enjoy a fun little thing for decades to come.

Good Luck,
-Bryan

Last edited by blgravely on Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 2:32 pm

Super Custom ad from Japan 5444fd10

Celticfolk likes this post

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Super Custom ad from Japan 8e2a8a10

Celticfolk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Celticfolk

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Thank you so much @blg really good of you so helpful. So timing belt can actually be manually visually inspected like in the photo? It’s a really tough one as I live in Scotland and have to get van back no one can do it before I leave so I know it’s risky.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Yes Sir. Couple of clips and like 2 screws hold that cover on.

The timing belt is not captured behind the crank pulley making replacement trivial. Possibly the easiest on earth. It’s off on the side linking the injection pump and camshaft as in the photo.
Back to top Go down
Celticfolk

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 11:30 am

Bryan I much appreciate your wisdom I owe you several beers!Wink

Just one last Q … a non engine one ..
Rear of high top to make kids bed boards would it be best to use either the excusing metal fitted kind of pole fittings accross or the side bits and run ply boards accross? Looks like it’s more the metal slots?? Thanks so much mate

blgravely wrote:
Good Morning Celtic Folk

The 1KZ-TE diesel is an interference engine. Yours is past due by quite a bit. It’s very easy to replace and should be done as soon as possible. If it breaks it will lunch that motor.

Under the seat is the coolant overflow tank on your approximate 10 O’Clock direction. The water manifold has the radiator cap and what not. I’ll include pictures of their locations along with the timing belt location so you know better what you’re looking at.

Please don’t drive your van. Replace the belt and enjoy a fun little thing for decades to come.

Good Luck,
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom ad from Japan   Super Custom ad from Japan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Custom ad from Japan
Page 1 of 1