Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desirable cars the same age as you are ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shark

Number of posts : 18
Home City : London, UK
Model and year : 1994 MT 3.0TD Super Custom
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Empty
PostSubject: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm

As mentioned in another post I recently sold my Mazda RX-7 and I have been giving some thought to getting another toy when I have gotten through my present financial challenges.

I've never been a fan of buying new cars and I think owning a Hiace and an RX-7 with a wankel engine speaks to my desire to be a bit different. In my opinion most modern cars now are just boxes that don't have any individual stylke to them.

Having always loved them I plan to get a 1976 Chevy Camaro at some stage in the future. There is something appealing about owning a car that was made the year I was born!

Anyways I thought this might make for an interesting thread with scope for lot's of different opinions so my question to you is.... What car was made the year you were born that you would like to have in the garage?
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:25 pm

In my case, 1942, I can't remember anything I would like in the garage - maybe a Humber staff car would be interesting? If I could have previously built motors a Brooklands Bently and a 1939 Triumph T100 would be nice..... But when did they build the Ford V8 Pilot - I always lusted after one of those! santa
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:56 pm

1956 Jensen V8 - managed to get driven in one at a car show, just need the folding stuff to get one now.
Back to top Go down
Shark

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:02 pm

pushrod wrote:
In my case, 1942, I can't remember anything I would like in the garage - maybe a Humber staff car would be interesting? If I could have previously built motors a Brooklands Bently and a 1939 Triumph T100 would be nice..... But when did they build the Ford V8 Pilot - I always lusted after one of those! santa

Pilot came in in '47. how about a 1942 Packard Super Eight from the same era...? very similar styling...
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/48571
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:22 pm

The Packard sounds great, and I've just remembered the Hudson straight eight ( although I would guess they were about 1948?) scratch
Back to top Go down
Shark

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:16 pm

pushrod wrote:
The Packard sounds great, and I've just remembered the Hudson straight eight ( although I would guess they were about 1948?) scratch

You do have expensive tastes.... 1936 but one for sale if you have a LOT of spare cash lying around....

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/45418
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Guess It'll have to be an Austin 10, then..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shark

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:52 am

any one else?
Back to top Go down
want33s
Not so new now
Not so new now
want33s

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Sunshine Coast. Queensland Australia
Model and year : LH107... 1989 4x4
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 am

Here are two of my cars.
Not quite my age.. I'm a 71 model..
The orange ute is an XA 351 V8 Falcon 1973.
The yellow coupe is an XB GT Falcon 351 V8 1975.
Both highly collectable cars Very Happy
Jas.

Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Coupeute2_edited
Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Coupeute_edited
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Lets not turn this into a ford forum, but, love the xa n xb, gotta 351 74 zg fairlane, bout to resore so no pics worth showing yet. Bout 3 years older than me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desirable cars the same age as you are ???   Desirable cars the same age as you are ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desirable cars the same age as you are ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: