Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Insurance

Go down 
+9
Big Lloyd
drive-by
maximus
room101
Chrissie
Spud_Gun
moogdrew
groucho21
Admin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm with Adrian Flux - just over £300 - but when I swapped from a Renault Trafic camper ( fully comp - £240 ) I was quoted £1018! Is this a record? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:59 am

some company`s certainly know how to pull the quote`s from a bag,where do they get em from scratch .back in the day`s when cosworth was the crimelord`s favourite stolen vehicle(and i was erm...younger) i tried to get a quote on two cars,one a cossie the other an audi quattro turbo both worth roughly £8000.a quote for the audi a very reasonable £750,the one for the cossie(only one company in england would quote me)suprisingly £8000 affraid .is there a link there Question do you think they were expecting it to go walkie`s on it`s own Question .to be fair to them it probably would have done lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Thought i would check with A Flux... Cheapest they could do with the same cover as previous £650.. !!!

Back to Lifesure..renewal this year £274.00 (fully comp)

Blimey thats a year of ownership and I would say its been a pleasure..
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Adrian flux wouldnt insure me as I have just moved from oz... got a quote from norrich for 7000... sigh
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 pm

probably cheaper to get a traders policy.wonder if you phoned flux back and asked em if they could beat 7000 they would atleast try by a fiver or so lol!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: insurance rant.   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:20 pm

maximus wrote:
probably cheaper to get a traders policy.wonder if you phoned flux back and asked em if they could beat 7000 they would atleast try by a fiver or so lol!

It's because i'm "strait off the boat" so to speak... doesn't seem to matter i've been driving in Australia (which is very similar to UK) for 10 years without an accident or infringment.

Bloody insurance companies are useless... they have a "computer says no" attitude its ridiculas... once you have the immigrant box ticked bend over... then tick the imported vehicle box and get ready to get f#($ed.

Makes me want to start up a "not for profit" insurance company just to stick it up them!

Anyway there might be a super custom forsale in the next week or so...

Nathan
Back to top Go down
moogdrew
Not so new now
Not so new now
moogdrew

Number of posts : 62
Home City : Melksham
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom Limited 2.8D (LH107)
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Tesco just informed me that they would not insure my 2.8 super custom as they don't insure vans over 2.5L
Churchill gave me a renewal quote of £285 (£30 more tan last year)
and adrian flux wanted £330!
so i called churchill and asked why it had gone up £30 and they put it back down to £260! pays to question these money grabbers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:19 pm

When i looked at tesco they also said they would not insure anyone without 5 years no claims ! The van thing didnt come up so I wonder if it would be better to describe it as an m.p.v.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Watch this space for a company offering our members a 20 % discount !

(course they might start at £2,500.00)lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Just renewed with Adrian Flux again....... cheaper this year £ 210 :-)
Back to top Go down
Fuaran
Fuaran

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Bakewell Derbyshire
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom EFI 3.0 TD
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:27 pm

I have just insured my Super Custom 3.0L TD for the first time at £190 with Scenic. Admittedly I am an old codger ie over 50 with 9 years no claims and I live in the sticks. I like the idea that the fully comp. is extended to cover Europe and that it allows me up to 6 months abroad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   Insurance - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insurance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Any good advice on Insurance / Parts ETC :: Insurance-
Jump to: