Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

shockers/t.e.m.s

Go down 
+2
Admin
maximus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:54 pm

i have t.e.m.s shockers on the old gal and think she`s ready for a new set.toyota want £110each for the fronts and £130 for the rears also about £100ish each for the rear springs.£680 in total affraid just for the bits.just wondered if anyone had replaced theres and how much they had paid?i spoke to a bloke from kayaba who is willing to send a unit up for me to check and take back if its wrong(seeing as it pretty local)i will be trying to sort this out next week.i only got one part number(cant see em being same on front and back) but at roughly £35 its a bit of a saving.if it aint correct how much do them fancy suspension set ups cost(ya know the ones that drop to the floor)?....soon be xmas i could use it as an excuse for cracking me nuts Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Bit the bullet and ordered new t.e.m.s electronic shocks from toyota.For anyone with these wanting to know how much they are they are£111 each for the fronts and£123 for the rears they arrive next week hopefully
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:21 am

plus £95 v.a.t Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Ouch.... Does that mean you can bunny hop when they are fitted
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Having had a Townace with TEMS then one with standard shocks you do notice a great change in body roll. Expensive yes but worth it in my book.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:57 am

will let ya know when they are on.had the bus a few years now so probably used to the soft ride.was more worried when on the motorway as it had a tendency to catch the wind and give the old bum a twitchy moment time Shocked
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:40 pm

maximus wrote:
.was more worried when on the motorway as it had a tendency to catch the wind and give the old bum a twitchy moment time Shocked

Who's bum, yours or the vehicle Wink They arent cheap them shockies...I haven't had ours up on a hoist yet but the rear suspesion looks like trailing arms , not springs like on the normall Ace. At $230-40 Aus for shockies each I hope they don't play up in the imediate future Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:25 pm

finally on and i can say that its made a total difference Very Happy .o more wibble wobble over tiny bumps sea sickness gone Laughing ,made a difference stopping also feels like new brakes on it,worth the money.......erm i suppose so she feels like new now i just cant help thinking i wont get anything else off santa this year Sad never mind soon be time to track him cheers
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Are the electronic shocks just on AWD vans? My RWD looks to have normal shocks but Kayaba, not OE. They were on it when imported.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:00 pm

i managed to get in touch with a local kayaba dealer and he only quoted 1 part number so i was a bit inclined to go with toyota just incase i had to mess about.the shocks were different.also i had read about people replacing tems shocks on old supas and having to buy modified supports to the top mounts so i decided to play it safe Smile i think you should be able to get fronts and backs but until people have replaced em and posted comments or part numbers, the lack of info on the web about doing the tems swap on a hiace is none existant Sad
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Robbo, ours is RWD and has TEMS so I think it might be just different models. Not looking forward to them playing up tho..
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:31 am

Maybe mine was converted in Japan then? Or it just never had them.

The KYB shocks are good by the way.
Back to top Go down
lmantuano
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 1996 SC Limited, 2wd, 1KZ-TE
and
1991 Hilux Surf SSRX 4wd, 2LT-E
Registration date : 2009-07-08

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:38 am

G'day,

how can one tell if TEMS are installed or not? Is there a hard/soft switch somewhere on the dash? We are new at this, the SC is not on the road as yet and haven'thad the time to find all the buttons and lights and switched yet.

thanx,

Luigi M
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:43 am

Hello Luigi.

Yes there should be a switch to control this.

There is a post here that shows a diagram of the switch.

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/useful-links-f11/useful-pages-from-manual-t816.htm

Have you got much work to do before your is driveable ?
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
lmantuano
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 1996 SC Limited, 2wd, 1KZ-TE
and
1991 Hilux Surf SSRX 4wd, 2LT-E
Registration date : 2009-07-08

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 am

Hi Admin,

thanx for prompt reply, yes found the reference on page 150, I'll check tomorrow whether such a switch is a reality on our machine.

We bought the SC with the knowledge that it has an overheating problem.

Our mechanic thinks head gasket or warped/cracked head, worst case. We took "worst case" in consideration when we made our offer.

The mechanic willl get on with it next week.

Apart from the cooling, the front shocks (one is leaking) need replacement. The rest looks, feels, smells perfect! Better be, I'm planning a trip to Darwin in it in September...

On a different subject if I may (I've tried to post separately earlier on but I must have stuffed something up), the previous owner forgot/neglected to reconnect the radio/cd/cassette unit after he removed his more expensive deck.

How do I remove or get access to the rear of the unit?

Is it enough to remove the fake wood fascia?

Sorry about the many Qs, thanx

Luigi M
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

If they left the original wiring in, the connections for speakers and such are behind the glove box. The bloke that put ours in pulled the harnes out and being dumb I didn't keep it Sad
While your up in Darwin you want to lok up our local member there phrollins.

Keep us in the loop with the over heating problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shockers/t.e.m.s Empty
PostSubject: Re: shockers/t.e.m.s   shockers/t.e.m.s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shockers/t.e.m.s
Page 1 of 1