Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EGR and temp inquiry

Go down 
+2
JohnHRef999
Wellzy74
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wellzy74

Number of posts : 6
Model and year : 1991 Supercustom 2.4 lte 2wd
Registration date : 2008-10-26

EGR and temp inquiry Empty
PostSubject: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:03 am

1991 2.4 lte running rough with EGR hooked up does this effect mileage should i find a replacement EGR also not sure what the coorect temp for highway driving is .. seems to hhet up to 230 if i run it at 3200 rpms for 10 mins or so ..

check engine light comes on when i have my foot on the brake ..

any ideas .. i recently traded my lexus sc400 for htis van , for the roominess and sheer coolness of the hiace .. hoping to get it running at peak performance

thanks all ..

Dan from Calgary
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:46 am

I am not familiar ith the 2.4lte engine,but it sounds like a vacuum pipe problem.Running rough,and the engine management light on with the brakes points to a breakdown in the vacuum. Have a check of the plumbing.

There are some 2.4lte experts on this forum watch and wait!
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:45 am

here`s where you need to look to to find your fault codes that are displayed by a flashing management light(your codes will be the first 13) https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/members-guides-to-fixing-problems-f8/engine-managment-fault-codes-and-how-to-read-them-t439.htm .these buggers are prone to vacuum problems as the heat from the engine tends to stay underneath and perish the hoses,try to get yourself a little mirror for looking behind hard to get to areas.e.g.r can be blocked off but id check all the other options first.have you tried a good service oil/diesel/air filters with a good semi synthetic and some good diesel additive injector cleaner(millers all the way Very Happy ).sometimes the easy options are the best to try first before taking it to a garage,as the unscrupulous ones out there(back street ones,toyota,e.t.c.....)see em as a meal ticket,holiday and christmas bonus all rolled into one Shocked
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:39 am

Hi , I have the 3LT 1kz-te and have blocked off the vac hose to the EGR valve with no problems, and no over heating.
The EGR only opens on idle , but give problems when they dont close properly .

I personally dont want my inlet manifold filled with dirty black exhaust smoke.
Fletch
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Can you just take off the EGR valve and pipework and blank the exhaust and inlet manifolds?
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 am

Yeah, just make plates and blank them off Bus
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:43 am

I'd like to do this as well... So where do i start? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EGR and temp inquiry   EGR and temp inquiry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EGR and temp inquiry
Page 1 of 1