Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gearbox warning light.........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Gearbox warning light......... Empty
PostSubject: Gearbox warning light.........   Gearbox warning light......... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 pm

On the way home from work today the gearbox warning light on Trundlebus came on whilst I was traveling at about 110kmh.
( 2.4 td SC auto c/w auto box)
I slowed down and it stayed on. As I came off the motorway and came to a halt in traffic the light went off.
The old girl pulled away ok .. 1st gear (ok) 2nd gear (ok) 3rd gear felt sluggish , almost as if ( I know it has not got one ) the clutch was playing up.......
ANY IDEAS? scratch
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Gearbox warning light.........   Gearbox warning light......... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:24 am

low on auto fluid maybe....or could it do with a change....?
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Gearbox warning light.........   Gearbox warning light......... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Might be the Auto Fluid Temp- hence it went off when you stopped!
Check the fluid level with the engine running and the engine hot.
If its low it gets hot quick.

PS when you check the level with the engine cold and not running it looks like it is overfilled so it needs to be hot and running. The torque converter takes a lot of fluid once it starts working.
Back to top Go down
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Gearbox warning light.........   Gearbox warning light......... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Thanks for the input...have checked all of the above, only to find out that it is NOT the gearbox light, it is in fact the engine management light.. Embarassed (this is why I am not a mechanic)
Took Trundlebus for a run tonight and the light only came on when I was doing about 3500 rpm and then went off almost straight away... have seen the post with fault codes, and was wondering if that would help me, if so where is the diagnostic socket?
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Gearbox warning light.........   Gearbox warning light......... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:01 am

should be under glovebox in foot well that is where mine is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gearbox warning light.........   Gearbox warning light......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gearbox warning light.........
Page 1 of 1