Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Panel Insulation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smithpick

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Leeds
Registration date : 2023-07-19

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 8:07 am

Morning all, UK new member. Here's our 1998 Reimo Mallorca conversion. She's in desperate need of wheel arch welding and other body work.  Before we start removing panels does anyone know if there is insulation in the sides. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Smithpick

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 8:08 am

Panel Insulation  20230711

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 1:32 pm

My van's older than yours and didn't have any in the parts I removed trim from but I got sound deadening and engine heat protection stuff from car insulation. co. uk ( creative name ) and they were very helpful, not expensive and efficient.

When you start looking up this sort of thing there's so much information with everybody claiming theirs is the best or why you want this instead of that and it gets confusing. I just sent them an email saying what I needed and they explained it... I'm not on a commission, I promise !

edit. It was good stuff and it really worked too. Only problem is that now I have to hunt for noises I never heard before !

Last edited by NickZ on Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smithpick

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 4:06 pm

Thank you, that's really good to know.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2023 11:42 pm

Hi.

I've not come across any insulation in the skin or on the back of the panels. Get a set of trim tools and use just the right amount of force. Too little can be as bad as too much. There are lots of panel clips of several different types. Trim is priceless. Clips are cheap!

If you decide to sound deaden, insulate and add any vapour management do check the YT vids from 'Greg Virgoe'.

HTH

Last edited by LH119V on Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trim removal tools)

Smithpick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Smithpick

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 7:51 am

Top tip, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Panel Insulation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panel Insulation    Panel Insulation  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panel Insulation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: