Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bordogna

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Indianapolis
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom G TurboDiesel
Registration date : 2023-04-29

Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Empty
PostSubject: Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle   Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 3:55 am

Hi all - slapped new CV boots on both axles this weekend. I was able to get the driver's side back in no problem, but for the life of me I can't manage the passenger side. I've tried lubing all the areas recommended in the service manual, I've turned the wheel left right and center, I just can't fanagle the damn thing into it's home. Any tips for this? Should I take off the caliper and detach the wheel?

Many thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle   Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 8:57 pm

Hey

I thought…I haven’t done this in years….that the suspension had to be compressed to get it in at the right angle on these Toyota IFS front axles. If your van is on jack stands, put a bottle jack or something under the lower ball joint and jack it up so it can go back in easier.

If it isn’t, I really have no idea why it’s not lining up. Getting it out is supposed to be the hard part. I hope it starts behaving soon for you.

Good Luck
-Bryan

Andonic likes this post

Back to top Go down
bordogna

PostSubject: Re: Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle   Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Thanks Bryan! I’ll give that a shot tonight and report back. Many thanks for the suggestion.

blgravely likes this post

Back to top Go down
bordogna

PostSubject: Re: Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle   Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 2:22 am

Bryan you absolute legend! You and a 26 year old bottle jack saved my bacon. If you're ever in the midwest you're drinking for free!

Andonic and blgravely like this post

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle   Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 4:19 am

Glad to hear you’re back on the road Sir! Great job!!!

I appreciate the compliment but you did all the work. Keep kicking ass, and I hope you have a safe, happy and trouble free trip ahead.

Good Luck and God Bless
-Bryan

Andonic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle   Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with reattaching the passenger side front axle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: