Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transmission service parts in the UK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 279
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

Transmission service parts in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Transmission service parts in the UK   Transmission service parts in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 12:38 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to have the transmission fluid and filter changed - as I'm not sure when it was done last and the fluid looks a little dark. I don't really have the place to get under the van properly so I'm going to get a local garage to do it. My worry is the availability of filter kits in the UK. The garage says they'll drop the sump and work out what they need - but it won't be back on the road until the parts arrive. Fine if you're waiting a day for a motor factors in the UK but not if I have to wait for Amayama. So planning on getting them myself and finding somewhere to fit them.

I've looked at the EPC and that gives the Toyota part numbers for my van number (it's a 2002 petrol RZH101 2WD) - the filter, it's gasket and the sump gasket.

35303-14010 https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/rzh101g/142904/chassis/3512/35303/?color=2GW&trim=OL46
35339-28020 https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/rzh101g/142904/chassis/3512/35339/?color=2GW&trim=OL46
35168-22011 https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/rzh101g/142904/chassis/3503/35168/?color=2GW&trim=OL46

(there's also a filter cover which I'm not sure is needed for the fluid change: 35331-14010 https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/rzh101g/142904/chassis/3512/35331/?color=2GW&trim=OL46 )

No luck with places like Euro Car Parts and waiting on a call back from the local Toyota place.

The thing is, the EPC doesn't tell me the actual Toyota model of the transmission. I've seen references to A45DE but one of the 2RZE manuals floating about has a reference to A46DE and an Australian parts finder references an A45DL. Filter kits by transmission model seem easier to search for but I'm hoping there's a simple way to tell without taking things apart and then waiting weeks as they have to be shipped from Japan/Oz?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: Transmission service parts in the UK   Transmission service parts in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 1:37 pm

Ah, it's on the VIN plate. A45DL

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Transmission service parts in the UK   Transmission service parts in the UK Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 5:07 pm

Hello g00se.

Part of me getting a manual was I didn’t want the issues that can come with an auto. I realise that manuals can have their own problems and they are more unusual.

Glad you’ve done your own research and deciphered the VIN. There’s more details on the Hiacesoutheast site for the VIN, but I expect you’ve already now got this decoded.

I’d suggest digging through the Amayama site to see what other Toyotas the A45DL gearbox (and parts) are fitted to then look on YT for vids of similar maintenance. I doubt you’ll find the full parts list on a YT site, but you might see the full list of what’s normally changed. I don’t think it’s all that much if it’s just an oil and filter change.

You might be a bit reluctant to do the work yourself, but it’s worth looking at the vids from @_Merlin to see how he raises up his van on plastic ramps to get underneath. I think the ones he has are the same as Sealey offers (try here: https://www.sealey.co.uk/category?name=ramps-chocks&id=5637151599&initialCategoryId=5637150793&type=2) and these are fine as long as you have a flat driveway or other space to park the van.

Sealey tools are generally very good and available for a lot less from other suppliers.

I use these:
https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637707832/axle-stands-pair-6-tonne-capacity-per-stand---yellow
to support the front of my van and these:
https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637184626/axle-stands-pair-5-tonne-capacity-per-stand
If I want to lift the rear and support under the rear body rather than under the suspension.

Worth a look anyhow?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: Transmission service parts in the UK   Transmission service parts in the UK Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 9:00 pm

Thanks LH119V. The problem I have at the moment is that I either have to work on the Hiace while it's parked on the road - or on a patch of grass round the back - no hard, off-road space to get the van in the air.

Ringing around, there are other places nearby that will flush the system rather than dropping the pan. I know some don't like this, but it's something else to consider.

BTW, I've got the filter and gaskets all worked out. A couple of UK suppliers can get them in a day or two - so that should be all good. The Toyota OEM code to work with is 3530314010 - that should bring up a few kits with gaskets, not just the filter. And for about £20 (not the £100 the local Toyota dealer wanted for the Toyota kit).
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Transmission service parts in the UK   Transmission service parts in the UK Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 8:48 am

Having done the job of dropping the pan on an SC auto I feel qualified to comment , first there is no filter in there its an oil strainer made of metal and will clean with petrol or other solvent I put mine in the dish washer came out perfect, if there are no leaks on the sump pan in my opinion there is no point in dropping the sump pan you cannot get more than 2.5 ltrs of the 6.5 ltrs in there the majority is in the fluid flywheel . My strainer had very little deposits in it 90,000 miles, save yourself a lot of time and money just do several flushes at intervals until the dipstick shows cherry red oil. The usual rule is that colour, cherry red leave it ok , brown but not smelly give it several flushes , black burnt smelling panic usually irreversible damage but try a few flushes.

LH119V and g00se like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission service parts in the UK   Transmission service parts in the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission service parts in the UK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: