Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wires into tailgate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 278
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

Wires into tailgate Empty
PostSubject: Wires into tailgate   Wires into tailgate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 3:57 pm

Hi,

I need to feed an additional cable (three-core for camera) into the tailgate of my SC. I see I'll need to pull the rubber shield from the top corner of the tailgate frame and try and feed it down, until it appears at one of the cutaways - but I was looking for tips to avoid it snagging on the way down. I'm hoping I don't have to pull the whole existing harness out and feed it all back in, tied together.

Any tips welcome.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Wires into tailgate   Wires into tailgate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 4:24 pm

I'd do it with something stiffer first like a strimmer cord or wire then tie the new wires onto that and pull it through. If you do have to take out the harness then just make sure something is tied to that (securely but not making a big lump).
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 278
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Wires into tailgate   Wires into tailgate Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 4:32 pm

Cheers - yes, I'll try something stiff first. I've got some bicycle gear and brake cables (the inners and the outers) that may work for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wires into tailgate   Wires into tailgate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wires into tailgate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: