Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Plisi3.0

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Calgary
Registration date : 2023-01-30

Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto   Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 5:29 am

Hi All,

I just received my 2000 Toyota Hiace Super Custom with the 3.0 L diesel and the 4 speed auto tranny. It’s a RWD model.

Everything works except the speedometer and the odometer. Anyone got a link or information where to start and what to look for?

I checked the ABS sensor wires to each wheel and they all seem to be okay. Thank you in Advance. I am in Canada.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I got a P0500 code. I also replaced the little sensor on the rear of the tranny just before it connects to the drive shaft. Did not fix the problem. I  don’t believe it’s a gear driven as I don’t see a cable that’s thick enough as they mention is some other threads.

Last edited by Plisi3.0 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 279
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto   Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 8:23 am

Hi - by a fluke, I was looking at what was involved in disconnecting speedos at the dashboard end yesterday (I'm importing a 2001 and considering either a speedo face conversion to mph or whether to use a GPS speedo).

I came across these two threads which in retrospect may help you. Basically, first, work out whether your van has a mechanical speedo cable going from the sender attached to the gearbox, to the dashboard. Or whether it's an electrical one.

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3465-speedo-drive

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t2309-1992-speedo-sensor

The search function on here isn't great but using google to search the site can help. Append:

site:hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com

to a google search

Back to top Go down

Speedometer not working- 2000 Hiace KZH100G Auto
Page 1 of 1