Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quick Water Pump Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glennza
Glennza

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Bundaberg, QLD
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Three Sunroof
Registration date : 2019-10-09

Quick Water Pump Question Empty
PostSubject: Quick Water Pump Question   Quick Water Pump Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 10:26 pm

I need to replace my water pump. I have a 94 Super Custom with the 1KZ-TE engine.

Is the water pump the exact same model as any other 1KZ-TE (Prado, Hilux) or specific to the Super Custom?

There are listings on ebay for water pumps that fit the 1KZ-TE but I am reluctant to order without being sure.

Thanks guys!

If anyone knows the part number, that would be great

tonebone40 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Quick Water Pump Question   Quick Water Pump Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 11:25 pm

Hello Glennza

I don’t know, I don’t have a 1KZ-TE engine but I understand your predicament. It’s fairly common to be uncertain whether there are differences when the same main part is fitted across several models.

If I wanted a water pump It’d head over to the Electronics Parts Catalogue then to Amayama, but there are plenty of other international parts places, in addition to eBay. I bought my last water pump from Autodoc but they are European.  Nevertheless, they can (sometimes) be useful for cross-referencing OEM part numbers, but so can local motor factors. I’ve been impressed how good they are for my van. It seems that while a JDM, on import here its serial number was correctly added to the UK parts system reference via the Toyota catalogue. It can sometimes take a couple of calls but I find my local motor factors really good. My local Toyota dealership is also really good and not necessarily too expensive and you know you are getting the right parts.

For checking part numbers head over to this post:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4468-part-numbers

While short it has most of the main international parts suppliers and links to the EPC, which can easily be filtered by model. Amayama also allows you to search for components and shows what is used across different models and vehicles. The other bold text in that post shows other examples, but I prefer the EPC / Amayama combo when I need to research ahead of purchasing locally or internationally. I use these (plus Autodoc / local Toyota and local places) for all my parts enquiries.

The water pump is the perfect example of a catalogue part that’s probably made my DENSO, AISIN or any of several OEM suppliers, but the Toyota part number might have changed over the years. This is quite common.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Glennza
Glennza

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Bundaberg, QLD
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Three Sunroof
Registration date : 2019-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Quick Water Pump Question   Quick Water Pump Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 12:03 am

Very helpful, thanks.

Just had a search to see if anyone had done a water pump replacement with helpful guide but can't seem to find one.

I would like to do it myself but am a bit reluctant

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Quick Water Pump Question   Quick Water Pump Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 1:03 am

It’s a bit annoying to replace. Some of the bolts are behind the alternator bracket and the rear timing belt cover. At least they were on ours. That means the timing belt, AC compressor, Camshaft pulley and other things are in the way.

Also it should be the same pump on both the 1KZ and 1KD which might make it easier for you to source. p/n for the 90’s one is 16100-69357.

Good luck
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Water Pump Question   Quick Water Pump Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Water Pump Question
Page 1 of 1