Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 279
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms Empty
PostSubject: Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms   Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 4:03 pm

Hi - I was wondering if circa 2001 Super Customs come with any kind of engine immobilisers?

I'm currently importing one and I'm not sure if they do. Also, were there any factory keyless entry options available - or do the majority require a key in the door?

Whichever way, I'll install a Thatcham cat 1 alarm - either as part of a whole cat 1 immobiliser/alarm - or just an alarm upgrade if it's already got an immobiliser and the Japanese ones are compatible.

Any tips or pitfalls I should watch out for? It's a petrol one, so the immobiliser will be 'standard' and not for the fuel pump.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms   Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 6:04 pm

Hi
I fitted remote locking to my 1996 SC , as it has central it was very simple, a kit from ebay about £15.00
wire it into the locking unit behind the glove box loads of extra connections for immobilizers alarms etc .
Must be simple I am not electrical in any way.

g00se likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thatcham cat 1 and 2 immobilisers and alarms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Electrical :: Sparky Lives Ere-
Jump to: