Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spare AC compressor anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Olivia

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Sawtell
Registration date : 2022-12-04

Spare AC compressor anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Spare AC compressor anyone?   Spare AC compressor anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 11:31 pm

Looking for an AC compressor for my 2001 super custom, part number 8832026H9l. Any leads would be greatly appreciated, it’s getting a bit hot!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Spare AC compressor anyone?   Spare AC compressor anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 11:00 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum

This part number is discontinued, but the compressor seems a standard catalogue part and not special to JDM Hiaces.

I’m no AC guru, but If the compressor is getting hot it might just be that the refrigerant is low. Have you checked this (hooked up to gauges) or taken the van to someone who can do this if you can’t? The earlier H100s used R12 while I think the later ones use R134a and are probably retrofitted to suit. You don’t state what your van is using.

I’d start with an A/C garage who can do the diagnosing before looking for a new or replacement. The pumps can be rebuilt from parts or get a suitable replacement. I think these compressors are made by DENSO but there are loads of other makers, too.

If you want to do a comprehensive parts search for this component or any from your vehicle or any Toyota vehicle and possibly wider Japanese vehicle take a look at this simple post:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4468-part-numbers

The post is basic and will lead you to doing your own research, but has all the info you need to look anything up. On the EPC the A/C is in the electrics section btw. This is generally a self-help forum  Cool .

As you know this part number I expect you also know the details from your build pate and this will help a lot to assist with the searching and other resources on the linked post.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Spare AC compressor anyone?   Spare AC compressor anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 9:10 am

Always worth a regas for A/C that does not run cold mine ran out of gas last summer ,first garage a well known chain failed me , said it was broken did not say why. Second garage small independent did a fantastic job and it still works 6 months later.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Spare AC compressor anyone?   Spare AC compressor anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 2:58 am

That compressor seems fairly widely available. I think the issue with the A/C in SuperCustom and Hiaces in general is the housing bracket mounts locations are different to the other vehicles that use the engine (Surf, Landcruiser Prado) because of engine bay restrictions. I think. I also think this may change depending on the year.

Chinese version via ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265724838360?
Via Aliexpress:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOCRuG6

Genuine at 10x the price
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/8832026h91

Tip: Your correct part number has a 1 not an I at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare AC compressor anyone?   Spare AC compressor anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare AC compressor anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Electrical :: Sparky Lives Ere-
Jump to: