Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
barra
Not so new now
Not so new now
barra

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-04-22

how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out Empty
PostSubject: how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out   how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm

OK the good news is that I cleaned out the box under the gearbox and there was masses of gunk qnd the car started working again, the only problem was that I couldn't unscrew the filter as there were tubes in the way. How do you do this? Ours is a 1993 2.8 automatic 4x4.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out   how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Late reply...I've had mine out...easier than I thought ...remove what you need to.
However, in my view there's not much point...the gauze would only stop large foriegn objects....it would be hard to block it.
From memory..(it was probably 5 yrs ago) A few small nuts and the pipe pulls out
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out   how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Well worth cleaning the filter at the same time as changing the oil, usually a bit of sludge in there. It makes the 'box change smoother, especially then the oil is cold
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out   how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Always worth a look...but the guaze on mine was more collander grade than tea strainer grade Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out   how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you get out the automatic gearbox filter out
Page 1 of 1