Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lemonfox91
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2021-10-19

Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Empty
PostSubject: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 3:12 am

I have a super custom 1998 4wd 1kz-te 3.0 turbo diesel and my rear/boot door handle is broken. I have been everywhere and cannot find a replacement. I am in Australia.

Is there any other car handle that is compatible I can replace? Should i go directly to Toyota? Mechanics cannot help me nor can car/4wd stores.

I cannot open door from the inside nor outside. Inside is possible but its a pain on my hands and fingers as i need to push down this metal wire.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 2:19 pm

Good Morning lemonfox91

What kind of door do you have on the back of your Hiace? There’s a few types and the handles are different.

-Bryan
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 11:39 pm

Reply posted on your other thread.
Back to top Go down
lemonfox91
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 12:04 am

blgravely wrote:
Good Morning lemonfox91

What kind of door do you have on the back of your Hiace?  There’s a few types and the handles are different.

-Bryan

I believe my van is HiAce 1998 KZH1 Bus 3.0 TD 4WD
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 7:04 am

The mid/late 90s Townace may be similar handle (it has the same latch and striker as the Supercustom). I think Aus got it as the Tarago but that name may have been applied to the Previa from the mid 90s.

lemonfox91 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 7:17 am

Just reread your post. Is the part that’s broken 69023-26020? That’s the handle for KZH1* Hiaces of your year.

They’re quite widely available. Genuine one direct from UAE on eBay for US$30+20ish shipping.
Back to top Go down
lemonfox91
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 8:30 am

Pete_nz wrote:
Just reread your post. Is the part that’s broken 69023-26020? That’s the handle for KZH1* Hiaces of your year.

They’re quite widely available. Genuine one direct from UAE on eBay for US$30+20ish shipping.

I'm not sure what you mean by these numbers 69023-26020 Where do i search this part/number?
Would love an ebay link to the proper replacement Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 am

Google “Toyota Handle 69023-26020”
Add “ebay” to that search if required.

Here’s a couple of example auctions:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323856202461
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182382072631
There may well be other cheaper ones, I didn’t search within eBay and set by price, those were the first hits on Google.

Check the parts diagram here (click on “image 2” to show the single tailgate exploded diagram) and confirm part.
https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=143&fig=6762

The handle is 69211C in the middle of the picture; scroll down to match the full part number for your year against 69211C which is 69023-26020

If that’s the part that’s broken it’ll fit your van. The same part seems to be used across the board for many Hiaces of this era - KZH* from 93-01 and LH1* from 96-05

lemonfox91 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lemonfox91
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Pete_nz wrote:
Google “Toyota Handle 69023-26020”
Add “ebay” to that search if required.

Here’s a couple of example auctions:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323856202461
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182382072631
There may well be other cheaper ones, I didn’t search within eBay and set by price, those were the first hits on Google.

Check the parts diagram here (click on “image 2” to show the single tailgate exploded diagram) and confirm part.
https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=143&fig=6762

The handle is 69211C in the middle of the picture; scroll down to match the full part number for your year against 69211C which is 69023-26020

If that’s the part that’s broken it’ll fit your van. The same part seems to be used across the board for many Hiaces of this era -  KZH* from 93-01 and LH1* from 96-05

Thank you very much, this is the answer that really helps. That one you linked would come down to $100 including shipping as its International.
I found these two much cheaper and local searching LH1 instead of KZH, would these work instead?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125026330744
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283261471396
https://www.carparts2u.com.au/files/detail.php?id=42297
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2022 10:50 pm

Hard to say. They appear similar but hard to tell from photos. I’m  thinking they don’t match because the specific van model numbers in the auctions I linked don’t seem to cover the earlier year LH1* models of your linked auctions.

You could ask those suppliers if their handle matches the part number for yours.

Some later model LH1* vans had different trims and engine/transmission combos to the earlier LH1*. It’s confusing because the earlier ones also continued through to later years with the more “basic” trims and body details.

Toyota had massive economies of scale so it wasn’t a huge deal for them to produce new parts or cross-swap existing parts from other models and integrate into new designs. They had a tendency to renumber parts for following years even though the parts appear identical.
The only reliable way to ensure compatibility is to use the original part number but you have to be wary with aftermarket non-genuine parts. Even they get confused with compatibility of their own parts with Toyota JDM models.

Anyone who owns a 4WD SuperCustom will attest to problems with the aftermarket with correct fitment with something as simple as a sway bar link or lower front balljoint.
Back to top Go down
lemonfox91
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 2:49 am

Hmm thanks Ill ask around. I guess it may be better to pay $100 and go with the original part.. The International delivery time is the bigger issue for me.
A friend said most of these handles should work and all similar measurements https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313783444776
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.    Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannot find a rear boot/door handle anywhere.
Page 1 of 1