Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Birmingham
Model and year : Toyota hiAce super Custom 1992
Registration date : 2019-04-03

STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Empty
PostSubject: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 10:18 am

Hi everyone,

yesterday between 7am and 6pm my beloved super custom camper 'spud'  K583 YEL was stolen from outside my house in the walsall area in the West Midlands, I really don't think I'll see it again and will probably be stripped for spares but if all you good people could keep an eye out it would really be appreciated
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 278
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 1:06 pm

That's awful - I hope it's recovered.

Can I suggest posting in the various facebook groups too - that may get extra coverage.
Back to top Go down
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 1:35 pm

Ok thanks, I didn't realise there was a Facebook group!!!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello.

That’s terrible. I hope it’s safely recovered.

It seems an odd vehicle to steal for parts. Why steal a very rare import van to break for spares when because they are very rare there won’t be hardly anyone to buy?

My thoughts are more likely stolen to sell (possibly abroad) or be used (also possibly abroad).

After getting the details to the police (hopefully it’s been spotted on ANPR) and your insurers, I’d also keep a sharp eye on Gumtree and eBay plus Facebook Marketplace.

You might have to do some detective work. If there are any businesses close by it might be good to ask if they have any CCTV to narrow down timing and whether it was driven away or loaded? Also ask your neighbours.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 3:03 pm

hi
Thanks for the advic, I'll follow up on all those suggestions. I'd forgotten about Gumtree and Marketplace

much appreciated

Cheers
Back to top Go down
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 4:53 pm

Just an update, my insurance company are disputing that it is not a super custom but a panel van as it states on the log book. Can anyone help here are some pics STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Img_0523
STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Img_0524
STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Img_0525
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:08 pm

Do you have any VIN numbers etc from the logbook?
Back to top Go down
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:11 pm

Yep

VIN no. LH100-0042656

Engine no. 2L3204287
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Try entering the code here: https://carvx.jp/

It's different for a UK VIN so those checkers won't work. It looks like you need to pay for a full report - I had a quick google for something like this that's free but couldn't find anything.

A Toyota garage may be able to help here too - to get something official-looking for the insurance company

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:20 pm

OK brilliant thanks for this. I'm still in contact with the previous owner so I'll see if he knows anything
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:27 pm

I expect the agent that registered the van when it arrived on the boat just rushed the application - I've been looking into the process and I've read reviews where imported vehicles have been mis-registered.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 9:25 pm

Hello

My local Toyota dealer knows as much info as is on my V5C (plus all about the van) and a couple of general parts suppliers also knows the serial (VIN, sort of) details, but unsure if this relates to trim etc. Worth asking?

Have you ever bought parts that are specifically SC and wouldn’t exist on a panel van?

I think ‘Super Custom’ is essentially a trim level, plus a sort of model code. It’s trim because it’s second only to Super Custom Limited (I think) and a model code as it denotes a van with 3 rows of seats and possibly roof windows, power curtains and a number of other features such as cool box and TV. Am sure others on here can probably be more definitive.

The Hiacesoutheast lists these as grades, but mine is badged a ‘CUSTOM’ and this isn’t listed on their site fir a LH119; must tell them! They have mine as just a DX, a CD or a SGL. Also, Hiacesoutheast shows the LH100 with lots of different types and grades so might be harder for you.

I think the Super Customs have this name on a badge on the rear door so if you have a few pictures showing this, preferably with number plate and across a wide range of occasions to show it wasn’t changed, esp on purchase or provided to insurer(s) already.

From what I understand of something 'being' a Super Custom yours certainly seems one. It sure is NOT a panel van as it has erm windows so it should be really easy to squash that.

Does the export certificate or other documentation not quote SC? I think it’s for you to show it’s a SC and for the insurers to prove it’s not. Even a photo of the seat rails should be enough for someone with knowledge. If you’ve insured it as a SC (esp on multiple occasions) and can easily show this is what it is, then the (wrong) info on the V5C or other ‘paperwork’ is irrelevant, surely?

HTH!
Back to top Go down
simonspaceman
simonspaceman

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 9:30 am

This is great thank you so much. Mine came with a cool box and a coffee maker and electric curtains.

I've emailed the insurance with the Hi ace models and features page from the hiacesoutheast.

I only have this one pic but hopefully it will be enough.

url=https://servimg.com/view/20113958/18]STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! 3027df11[/url]

But thanks again

Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2022 12:51 am

Sorry to read this, such a shame, I had no idea they were a target.
It looks like a supercustom to me, but your photo should be enough, best of luck.
Back to top Go down
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2023 4:38 pm

I got my logbook changed a few years ago - makes it easier on the insurance, but not by much - so it now says MPV. The DVLA are very reluctant to admit that anything got mis-registered on import but I found that sending copies of the specs/parts catalogue of the specific model and engine type from www.toyodiy.com along with photos of the interior really helped.

You can also write to Toyota in Japan about this and in theory they can confirm that the vehicle was never manufactured as a panel van, but they were somewhat less helpful because they took a long time to come back and then said that they wouldn't give the required confirmation.

In the end as long as I acknowledged that they were never going to change the tax code on it, the photos and parts diagrams did the trick, in combination.

The specific photos I had were of the windows from the inside and the outside, the whole van, seats etc from as many angles as I could, the floor runners for the seats, the curtains, and then a couple of photos of the VIN and the little sticker in the engine saying the engine type. That was enough to match my specific vehicle with the model type from toyodiy.

For anyone who's not currently trying to claim insurance I'd recommend doing this sooner rather than later - but for an already stolen vehicle, evidence that's good enough for the DVLA should be good enough for your insurer but there's a caveat:

For years, my insurance documents said "panel van" or "power van" every year rather than "super custom" because the insurers had put it through on the nearest equivalent vehicle that they could find in their system. I queried this every single time it happened so that I have in writing from my insurers multiple times that they understand that it is not, in fact, a panel/power van in spite of what my documents said. If you've not done this, they may be within their rights to say you never told them they had it wrong and could potentially say you were never insured in the first place because you didn't advise them of incorrect information. Crying or Very sad Check your small print!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!   STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOLEN my campers been stolen HELP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: I can see you !!!-
Jump to: