Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone know how to remove roof interior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

Number of posts : 19
Home City : Bangkok
Model and year : 1990 hiace super custom limited Q-LH107Q
Registration date : 2022-07-07

Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm

Hello everyone, I am new member and this is my first post I think this post it will be help everyone. This is rain season then my van has two point leaking water. First point is right at the top of win-shield of driver like first picture below. Second point is middle roof like second picture below. Has anyone remove roof interior or guide line how to remove it. Thank you very much.
Regards.

Sorn.
Has anyone know how to remove roof interior 3856010
Has anyone know how to remove roof interior 38668_10
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 1:47 pm

Look at the join between the headlinings, under the middle sunroof.
The one that's on top - remove it first.

Get a couple of interior trim tools in nylon, to make it much, much easier.
Then just undo all grab handles and sunroof strips that hold it on, and it should be easy to coax out.

LH107_3L_engine_4WD likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 6:55 pm

Hello

The headlining on my van is completely different to yours, based on the pictures and I’ve never removed this in my van so my advice is generic.

My first place to look would be the online EPC to see the construction, fastener location and their number. The EPC might also show the installation order of parts based on the shape of the various edge pieces. It’s likely that some pieces might have to come out to allow others to be removed or to expose hidden clips etc.

I’ve nothing in my repair manual on the headlining though a useful video might be:

You might have the same sort of sunroof leak as shown there. It’s common for the hoses to fill up with dirt etc. Liquid or a reverse squirt of gentle compressed air can be very useful.

I’d definitely recommend a set of plastic trim removal tools. There’s nothing better.

Here are some examples:
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/trim-removal-tools/

but these are widely available.

I think the headlining was originally fitted before the side trims.

I’d also suggest that the preservation of the trim piece should be at the expense of the clip. You can get most clips online, but the trim itself is harder and more expensive to get. Removing trim pieces requires a decent amount of force and conviction but not too much! Some clips can only be removed only after the centre-piece comes out.

I have removed the grab handles on the A pillar and if you do this, start with a screwdriver (think they are Japanese / Pozi #3, most are #2). I’d stay well away from a manual impact driver (shown in the vid) as there’s the danger of cracking the screen. If necessary a battery impact driver might be necessary but again run it slowly with the correct bit.

Thanks for your comments on my van's page, take lots of pictures (perhaps post for posterity) and good luck!

HTH!

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:30 am

Not clear from the photos but does the van have sunroofs, looks like could be moulded/shaped headlining.

With water coming round the top of windscreen it’s very likely because of rust. Very, very likely. By the look of the first photo you need to take the windscreen out to repair the rust.
Same deal with the roof. If no sunroof/moonroof I’d suspect rust around top of rear door hinges or the roof siderail seams. Both are areas common for rust and water will track across the headlining, especially a moulded/shaped one.
If there is a sunroof, the pan drains could be either kinked or detached. I’ve actually seen several with drain hoses kinked from the factory (!) but the kink/fold is behind the side panels behind the rear wheel arches. In heavy rain, they can’t drain fast enough and overflow into the headlining.

Back to top Go down
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 4:53 pm

GPW wrote:
Look at the join between the headlinings, under the middle sunroof.
The one that's on top - remove it first.

Get a couple of interior trim tools in nylon, to make it much, much easier.
Then just undo all grab handles and sunroof strips that hold it on, and it should be easy to coax out.

Thank you GPW, I found the seam of front and back roof interior. I will start that point first. Sorry to my late reply.

Thank you.
Regards.

Sorn.
Back to top Go down
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 4:58 pm

LH119V wrote:
Hello

The headlining on my van is completely different to yours, based on the pictures and I’ve never removed this in my van so my advice is generic.

My first place to look would be the online EPC to see the construction, fastener location and their number. The EPC might also show the installation order of parts based on the shape of the various edge pieces. It’s likely that some pieces might have to come out to allow others to be removed or to expose hidden clips etc.

I’ve nothing in my repair manual on the headlining though a useful video might be:

You might have the same sort of sunroof leak as shown there. It’s common for the hoses to fill up with dirt etc. Liquid or a reverse squirt of gentle compressed air can be very useful.

I’d definitely recommend a set of plastic trim removal tools. There’s nothing better.

Here are some examples:
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/trim-removal-tools/

but these are widely available.

I think the headlining was originally fitted before the side trims.

I’d also suggest that the preservation of the trim piece should be at the expense of the clip. You can get most clips online, but the trim itself is harder and more expensive to get. Removing trim pieces requires a decent amount of force and conviction but not too much! Some clips can only be removed only after the centre-piece comes out.

I have removed the grab handles on the A pillar and if you do this, start with a screwdriver (think they are Japanese / Pozi #3, most are #2). I’d stay well away from a manual impact driver (shown in the vid) as there’s the danger of cracking the screen. If necessary a battery impact driver might be necessary but again run it slowly with the correct bit.

Thanks for your comments on my van's page, take lots of pictures (perhaps post for posterity) and good luck!

HTH!

Thank you LH119V for your reply. I will buy that tools as soon as possible but now I use role plastic and covering my van instead because I not have free time to fix it. About your reply is very help full for me thank you kindly.
Thank you.
Regards.

Sorn.
Back to top Go down
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Pete_nz wrote:
Not clear from the photos but does the van have sunroofs, looks like could be moulded/shaped headlining.

With water coming round the top of windscreen it’s very likely because of rust. Very, very likely. By the look of the first photo you need to take the windscreen out to repair the rust.
Same deal with the roof. If no sunroof/moonroof I’d suspect rust around top of rear door hinges or the roof siderail seams. Both are areas common for rust and water will track across the headlining, especially a moulded/shaped one.
If there is a sunroof, the pan drains could be either kinked or detached. I’ve actually seen several with drain hoses kinked from the factory (!) but the kink/fold is behind the side panels behind the rear wheel arches. In heavy rain, they can’t drain fast enough and overflow into the headlining.

Thank for your reply, Pete_nz. That is right. I will fix about rust of windscreen as soon as possible. Now, I found almost part of windscreen to change it but I do not have tools to remove I will find the way. LOL

Thank you.
Regards.

Sorn.
Back to top Go down
LH107_3L_engine_4WD

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Pete_nz wrote:

Thank for your reply, Pete_nz. That is right. I will fix about rust of windscreen as soon as possible. Now, I found almost part of windscreen to change it but I do not have tools to remove I will find the way. LOL

Thank you.
Regards.

Sorn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone know how to remove roof interior   Has anyone know how to remove roof interior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone know how to remove roof interior
Page 1 of 1