Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wires under the dash, need help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

wires under the dash, need help Empty
PostSubject: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 pm

hello people im in the middle of putting in some gauges(boost/temp)and need to know which wires to connect to as i dont carry any test equipment.i need to know the 12v+ ignition switch and 12v lighting to connect to.i am probably gonna mount clocks on the right of the dash near the door post so i will probably run the wires down the side of the dash.dont want to be drilling the dash to bits affraid .cheers in advance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Can't you just the same probe you used earlier for checking all those ECU fault codes!!! Embarassed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:19 pm

heh heh Razz i just read mine with a paper clip.the rest of the post was what i grabbed through trawling through hours of pap just to get info that maybe usefull to others with different ecu`s.i have a battery tester that tells me my battery is ok so i presume its above 11v.there were other bits i came across that gave you voltages for sensors and the like so you could check them yourself with a volt meter i.e fuel/air ratio,throttle position but seeing as ive never owned one it made for a bit of serious reading and the old bonce was starting to ache confused .it probably made more sense to a leccy or mech but not your part time babbler like me Very Happy .i tried to keep it simple,thought if i can understand it there must be 250+ others that must be able to also Very Happy .DISCLAIMER........ i would like to point out also that i dont endorse shoving paper clips into places silent with electrical currents unless you know what you are doing Crying or Very sad .after all we wouldnt want to be a member down Shocked ..........hmmm Idea ...........member down...........spares.......... Twisted Evil ahh what the hell go for it,knock yourselves out Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:09 pm

NOOOOOOO... need all the members. Dont kill anyone !
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Hey, I'm just pokin' fun. Your stuff on the fault codes is a great find.

I'm not where my van is at the moment or I could take a quick look for you.
I just use a cheap test light with a sharp probe. I think it was "blackspur" brand as found on market stalls and £shops, or Draper ones are very common too. Around £1 to £5 for a basic one.
You earth the lead to the chassis somewhere and then start poking the wires until you get a live one. If it goes live/dead when you turn the keyon /off then that's your "acc" live, or turn a notch further and you'll find the "Ign" live wire somewhere too.
Switch on the lights and go probing again. The next one that's live is the lights, and so on. A bulb, piece of wire and a nail does the same job.
When you find your wires you can splice in a feed with a scotchlock connector. For something important or exterior you might want to solder it and wrap with amalgamating tape. Give it a go. Every day's a school day.
AL
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 pm

cheers for the advice al cheers i know ya was avin a laff i just didny want anyone to think i was an electrical wizz,gonna have to get down motorworld for a cheap tester,just thought someone might have been there and done that,and i was gonna get an easy answer like "just look for the red un near..".gonna have to become aufait with the tester Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:02 pm

I had a quick look. Mine's a 95 3.0TD camper.
Acc, first click, is thick blue with red trace
Ign, next click, warning lights on dash, is thick black/yellow trace
Side lights is thin plain green.
Al
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 pm

thanks very much will be taking a closer look hopefully 2moz.cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wires under the dash, need help   wires under the dash, need help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wires under the dash, need help
Page 1 of 1