Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Missfire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Missfire Empty
PostSubject: Missfire   Missfire Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 3:32 pm

Hi All
5 years with my SC now and still love it, but she has developed a hick up (misfire) at 60/70 on motorway if I apply throttle slowly it starts missing it is so predictable ,put throttle to the floor and we get kickdown and loads of power so its not fuel starvation or air leaks injectors have only done 120.000 pump has been tested ECU has new capacitors ,turbo pressure sensor cleaned and filter changed ,turbo pressure checked and correct. It starts first time idles perfect when up to temp and runs perfect in every other way , any suggestions please.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Missfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missfire   Missfire Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 11:30 pm

I know you said it isn't, but are you quite sure it isn't a small air / vacuum leak somewhere? One which won't have time to respond to a sudden acceleration but will gradually upset the AFR with slow application? Could be a dried out hose that's beginning to crack.
Back to top Go down

Missfire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: