Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Egoloss
Egoloss

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Tauranga
Model and year : 1994 3.0 Ltd Supercustom
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Empty
PostSubject: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2022 3:10 am

Hey team.

Just going through a few things mechanically and waiting for bits to arrive thought id replace some instrument cluster lights and reset the Timing belt light showing on my digital dash 1994 LTD KZH100.

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Instru10

Pulled off the various screws in the dash trim to get to the cluster and unplug the 4 connectors going into it:

Yellow: This is the plug that powers the 'T-Belt' light section  (Also includes the glow plug, oil level and radiator lights)

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Timing10

Green: This is where the screw was sitting before i switched screw over.

Orange: This is the 'Speed Alarm buzzer' hole. I assume making a circuit here will make a annoying beep when going over 100kph or something..?

Pink: After cleaning up the contact pad I inserted the screw and tested for continuity with multi meter. All good. But after plugging back my cluster, the Odometer reading is only displaying 4 numbers.

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Odomet10

These 4 digits arent my kms travelled, i also cant start my SC right now as bitz missing. So it might be some kind of reset until it turns over.

Anybody else had this 'issue'? Will update when vehicle is going again.
Back to top Go down
dudedude

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Buffalo
Registration date : 2022-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2022 12:35 pm

ever figure this out? my Odometer is doing the same thing after trying to reset the tbelt light!
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Hey there. Not yet. Just waiting for some bits to come in for my alternator in the next few dayz and I'll be able to get going again on this project.

So yours is still displaying 4 digits and a 'T-belt' light after starting engine..? 🤔
Back to top Go down
dudedude

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2022 10:36 pm

still displays 10 10 and I ended up just taking the bulb out from behind the t belt light!

Egoloss likes this post

Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 8:22 pm

You'll need to translate this but maybe this will help?  Instructions for the digital cluster. 

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  KGlPv8L

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  XqTncZk

Egoloss likes this post

Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 8:32 pm

For kicks, I ran the images through https://translate.yandex.com/ and got these results.  Hope this helps.

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  U6SYf6o

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  ILbfHRU

Egoloss likes this post

Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 8:16 am

brewera wrote:
For kicks, I ran the images through https://translate.yandex.com/ and got these results.  Hope this helps.

Legend! I'll give this a whirl tomorrow and let ya know how it goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2022 1:21 am

So I'll do a run down of what i did off of @brewera 's awesome and timely instructional find.

NOTE: This is following on from my initial movement of the T-Belt screw and everything in my 1st post.

1st off, you'll have to perform this T-Belt reset with the key on the 'ON' position. It has to remain on. If you turn it off at any time the procedure will have to be started over.

Following that, you will need access to the back of your instrument cluster whilst certain plugs are still plugged in.

1. Turn key to 'On' position.
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2010

2. Your dash will be showing something similar to what mine is displaying, depending on the amount of kms clocked in your van. i have 220000 ish on mine, so '22 20'
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2011

3. Press 'ODO/TRIP' on your cluster
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2012

4. Your dash will now show '10' higher then before.
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2014

5. Undo blue side plug on instrument cluster for easier access to the T-belt screw (yellow circle) Make sure key is still on  'ON' position throughout this procedure.
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2015

6. Move T-belt screw back to original position.  
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2016

7. Start the van. T-belt light has gone and vehicle Kms have come back. I have reset my 'TRIP' in this photo
Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Img_2013

brewera, LH119V and dudedude like this post

Back to top Go down
dudedude

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 3:31 pm

Awesome!! great write up!!

now the only question is what is the part number for the tbelt screw that I have managed to strip!!!

Back to top Go down
carvin marvin

Home City : WADEVILLE
Registration date : 2024-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 2:17 am

Hi all.
Decided to join after seeing all this very use full information.
After getting the timing belt replaced at around 150,000 kilometres I had the same issue with the digital odometer reading 15 blank 10 blank and my mechanic did not know how to fix it.
A few years later it then read 16 blank 10 blank, and prior to me fixing the problem read 17 blank 20 blank, and after following all the above instructions it now reads 171940.

I live on the Northern Rivers of N.S.W Australia and got my vans registration inspection passed last friday, but the mechanic said the Roads and Traffic Authority are cracking down on faulty odometers due to people winding them back before selling a car, which means my van won't pass rego next year unless it is fixed.

So again massive thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down
carvin marvin

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 2:31 am

Here are a few photos I took that might be helpfull.
This pic shows that there are 2 screws behind petrol cap lever.
[img]
Back to top Go down
carvin marvin

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 2:37 am

Got a message saying I can't post photos until 7 days has passed so will put up some later.

g00se likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash    Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supercustom Ltd Timing Belt Reset light on Digital Dash
Page 1 of 1