Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SouthGuam
SouthGuam

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Agat, Guam, USA
Model and year : 1994 LH123, 3L Diesel, Automatic
Registration date : 2022-02-03

T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Empty
PostSubject: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 9:27 am

We just turned 100,000k on the odometer and almost simultaneously, the T-Belt dashboard light came on. Is this likely just a reminder to have the timing belt replaced or is it signaling a real problem?
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 1:14 pm

You have to reset the light. It comes on every 100k. It’s behind the trim panel that surrounds the key. Can’t miss it.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2022 11:28 pm

You can reset the light but it would also be very good thing to change the belt. The light is a reminder.
Back to top Go down
SouthGuam
SouthGuam

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Agat, Guam, USA
Model and year : 1994 LH123, 3L Diesel, Automatic
Registration date : 2022-02-03

PostSubject: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 5:42 am

Greatly appreciate your advice. Yes, I will have the timing belt replaced as I bought this vehicle used with 93k on it and no info about maintenance history. Thank you, Mates.
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2022 6:54 pm

My timing belt light was on when I bought my van with 93k on the clock. When it rolled over 100k the light magically went off Smile
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 8:06 am

There are two contacts that mate with the odo, at alternate numbers of 100k kms. The light is connected to one or the other by a setup of two sets of terminals which get bridged by a screw which you move from one terminal to the other when you do the belt so the light will come on at the next 100k. If you ignore it, it will stay on for 100k then go off for 100k as you observed @Andonic
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 7:38 am

I should add that I changed my timing belt and will continue to do so when required, I’m just happy that the annoying dash light will stay off until we hit 200K. From my reading of forums there are two or more different systems for this light to come on (and be switched off).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light   T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-Belt Dashboard Warning Light
Page 1 of 1