Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manufactured Date?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oisin

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Co. Louth
Registration date : 2022-05-02

Manufactured Date?  Empty
PostSubject: Manufactured Date?    Manufactured Date?  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 9:59 pm

Hi All.

Is the manufactured date stamped anywhere on a Hiace? If so where?

I am looking at a 1993 registered one to import into Ireland and if its over 30 years old from manufactured date I could save about €2,000!!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Manufactured Date?    Manufactured Date?  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 7:09 am

The serial number may be on a plate on the pillar beside the driver's head. I don't know if there will be a date on there too, but the s/n may be searchable. That may not apply to all versions though as there are just so many variations. Otherwise look at any plate just under the seat which lifts up for engine access. You will need someone to look for you as you don't actually have the vehicle of course.
That's cutting it fine though, it would have needed to be manufactured quite some time before being registered to make 30 years to now!
Back to top Go down
Oisin

PostSubject: Re: Manufactured Date?    Manufactured Date?  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 6:46 pm

AgathaAlice wrote:
The serial number may be on a plate on the pillar beside the driver's head. I don't know if there will be a date on there too, but the s/n may be searchable. That may not apply to all versions though as there are just so many variations. Otherwise look at any plate just under the seat which lifts up for engine access. You will need someone to look for you as you don't actually have the vehicle of course.
That's cutting it fine though, it would have needed to be manufactured quite some time before being registered to make 30 years to now!

I managed to get the manufactured month from the Vin number. Feb 1993. I might just hold out for a 1992 one to pop up in the mean time!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Manufactured Date?    Manufactured Date?  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 7:06 am

Ah, so close yet so far.
I really don't understand that 30 years (I believe USA has 25 years), I'd have thought the younger a vehicle is the more it would be accepted. Here we can't bring in anything that is OVER a certain age because it won't comply with emission regulations, they say.
1992 is getting seriously old, there will be all sorts of age-related issues you'll have.
Back to top Go down
Oisin

PostSubject: Re: Manufactured Date?    Manufactured Date?  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 6:06 pm

AgathaAlice wrote:
Ah, so close yet so far.
I really don't understand that 30 years (I believe USA has 25 years), I'd have thought the younger a vehicle is the more it would be accepted. Here we can't bring in anything that is OVER a certain age because it won't comply with emission regulations, they say.
1992 is getting seriously old, there will be all sorts of age-related issues you'll have.

Yea 92 is very old, and will likely have problems that will need sorting. Just my issue is I am wanting a real 4x4, not just awd van/camper and theres very limited options and all are older!

Options are really only a Hiace and a Delica. Leaning more towards Hiace for reliability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manufactured Date?    Manufactured Date?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manufactured Date?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: