Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Bendigo Vic
Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.
Registration date : 2017-07-19

INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Empty
PostSubject: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 7:01 am

I just realised i can't open my back door from the inside and that all the inside panelling is missing! I have a piece of plastic over the internals and nothing else, no door opening, no panelling (if I put my foot thru it i'd break wires etc) and wondered if anyone knew where i might get one from (Melb Oz). Thanks
Back to top Go down
nagrom7
Not so new now
Not so new now
nagrom7

Number of posts : 27
Home City : VIRGINIA BEACH
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 5:42 am

start here: https://www.amayama.co.nz/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/toyota-japan/regius_ace/KZH106W/109611/body/6755
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 7:36 am

Wrong van hon
Back to top Go down
nagrom7
Not so new now
Not so new now
nagrom7

Number of posts : 27
Home City : VIRGINIA BEACH
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 2:28 pm

I mean...this is 100% my Super Custom 🤷🏼

Seemed like as good a starting point as any for finding potential part numbers, hon.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 9:32 pm

Sorry, yeah, but i think it'd be expensive from over in NZ though we're very close. Doesn't quite look the same and I know they changed from 1995 up. Mine's from 88 to 94. 95- are easier parts. But the guy who's painting the roof of mine (sun damage) before I do it up for a camper van, is going to make me a new panel out of the carpet that will be being pulled up when I get it kitted out. Thank you for the idea though, just not sure i'd get the right part
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 9:37 pm

PS: I did look. Permanently out of stock. Of course yours is fine! From 95 on. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 1:21 pm

The tailgate trim panel is a flat panel, some 4mm ply with interior satin varnish and 5mm of floam on the tailgate side would take care of the trim.

I've been looking at the handle problem.
There's mounting holes for a handle in there, and it just needs a lever and rod to push the door mechanism (which has the spare hole for this) where the external catch connects in.

My idea is to make a 1.5mm steel plate to bolt into where the factory handle fits.
Then to weld a 10mm or 12mm nut so I can use a threaded rode as the shaft.
Then file a flat and make a steel level for the rod (and find a rod, 3mm steel ?! Bicycle spoke? for the inside of the door.

And fit the trim panel (with hole!) and use a spare level from a 3/4" gas or water ball valve, as a ready made level on the inside, just bolted onto the shaft.

Paint or tart up as required, to make it look nice. Smile

That's my DIY fix anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE   INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INTERIOR REAR DOOR PANEL RZH100/1KZTE
Page 1 of 1