Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cupholders Anyone?

Go down 
+2
TacticalAnt
Blitz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blitz

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Las cruces New Mexico
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 pm

We just go our 95 Super custom. This Van has so ton of ashtrays but NO REAL cupholders! We are working with a custom 3D printer guy to have cupholders made to mount on either side of the console (rear facing), a version for driver/ passenger, and a design that would adapt to slide into ash tray slot. (pics of initial design concepts and desired mounting positions below) Before he makes for us he wanted to Know if other Hiace owners that are going to be interested in this product as well. No order necessary but if you think having an option for Hiace aftermarket cupholders would be something you would be interested in give us a reply.

Cupholders Anyone? Img_2213
Cupholders Anyone? Img_2215
Cupholders Anyone? Img_2214
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Las cruces New Mexico
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 6:32 pm

Here are the pics of were we are wanting to have mounted for a total of 8 real cupholders in the van
- One each, on inside passenger and driver doors
-2 cupholders with phone cubby below mounted on either side of rear facing console for a total of 4 in this spot
-2 ash tray adapted cupholders for mounting in rear without interfering with any of the seat adjustability

Cupholders Anyone? Img_2216
Cupholders Anyone? Img_2218
Cupholders Anyone? Img_2217
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 61
Home City : Carson NM
Model and year : 95 super custom, auto, full time 4x4, 1kzte
Registration date : 2021-03-29

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 3:16 am

By chance is the fabricator the same guy who sells 3d printed cup holders on the Mud forum for 80 series land cruisers? Looks like his work with the Cerakoted 3d printed product. I bought one for my 80, it was a pretty good cup holder. Then sold the 80.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Living Saloon EX 2wd H100G 1kz-te
Registration date : 2021-03-24

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 4:58 pm

I would definitely be interested in the front door panel holders and rear ashtray holders!
Back to top Go down
s.parrish

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Portland, OR, USA
Registration date : 2021-06-19

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Put me on the list of interested parties    Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 8:11 pm

I too am interested in cupholders in all of these locations. Thanks for reaching out!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 9:20 pm

Hello.

I saw this and also am interested. While a 3d printer is on my shopping list I really don't need yet another diversionary project from my project van that diverts me from many other things so very keen to discover more.

Am also interested in the door speaker on your van. As part of 'Project 30y Refresh' (hopefully that's not how long it'll take) I have both door cards off and notice there's additional wiring in the door that seems to be for a speaker and another cut out for a ~100m door speaker unit. Are your door tweeters OEM or aftermarket, please? I have power windows so the wiring is not for that and the lighting / central locking etc is all complete. (prob need to check the wire colours).

While the doows are very narrow I'm keen to explore better sound and speakers in the front door is likely. Also thinking of additional rear speakers in the headlining (rear door prob too narrow and too full of other stuff) and a sub in the void just behind the LH sliding door. I'll prob generate a new topic / area but you heard it here first (see what I did there?  bom ).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 5:25 pm

I plan on making a cup holder adapter in Fusion 360 when I have some time. I'll share the file to anyone that wants Shapeways.com to print it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cupholders Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cupholders Anyone?   Cupholders Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cupholders Anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: