Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaikun

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Honolulu
Registration date : 2022-01-06

95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Empty
PostSubject: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 3:00 pm

Aloha from Hawaii. I finally found the HiAce I was looking for. The Southern Sport Camper model fully loaded. It is 8’7” high and the Extended version. I lived in Japan for over 25 years and never seen this model. It was easy to import.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 6:51 pm

Congrats.

That's tall. Do post a picture or two. There's a 'show us yours' area, or do feel free to add a picture here.

(You'll need to have the ability to add links etc to your messages, which can take a few posts to be added).

Kaikun likes this post

Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 5:52 am

I'm glad you found it. Don't stick one of those satellite TV domes on top of that!
I hope your mechanic's workshop door is high enough to get it inside and his roof high enough that it can be raised up on his hoist for any work needed.

Kaikun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kaikun

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm

I never let any mechanic work on my vehicles 🙂 I worked as a mechanic in the past and do all my work myself. Whatever I learn and come across I hope to share. I’m Happy I found this forum. I thought my pictures uploaded on my original post when I hit send but didn’t Crying or Very sad Happy motoring 👍
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Hello.

In order to add pictures and other non-text stuff, you need to have this banner (inside the red)

95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Pictur10

in your messaging area. I think this is either added automatically after a few posts or allowed by a moderator.

Once available you can upload pictures, for example, to messages. It's bit clunky, but it's the way it is.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2022 6:22 am

@Kaikun unfortunately I'm no mechanic and have no mechanic type facilities (my field of expertise is electronics and my workshop is entirely for that); you're lucky you can do all the work yourself. We have a good mechanic who works on our cars, but our camper is 3.3 metres high with the satellite dome and his workshop door is 2.7 metres high so he can't do the work on it and we haven't had much luck with other mechanics who seem to create issues rather than fix them.
Back to top Go down
Kaikun

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2022 5:19 pm

It’s hard to find a good trusting mechanic in the USA. Not sure about the rest of the world?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 8:55 am

Fortunately I have never had to pay a garage bill in 55 years of driving, its a case of educating oneself and having the facilities, I have in the past totally rebuilt 5 engines (not sure I would with modern engines) but non of them failed. I am not mechanically trained a bricklayer by trade, but do understand why it costs £50 to £90 an hour for trained mechanics with good facilities , it is not just the actual cost of labour and premise's and equipment, there is a very big element of guarantee and liabilities not to mention the all important profit . As we speak in the UK we have proposed anti tamper laws in the pipeline ( already in force in USA) this will as proposed affect things like after market exhausts , how many of us have SS custom ones fitted for example , anything not original OEM supply could be effected and fail an MOT test.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper   95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

95 HiAce Southern Sport Camper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: