Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
96SC_In_NZ

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2021-12-26

Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Empty
PostSubject: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 1:07 am

Hello Forum,

130,000k's on the clock

As per subject, turning on AC starts the squealing, turning off AC stops the squealing.
Was working fine until.. it wasn't.

Checking AC belt, looks worn, feels worn, but I don't think it is the belt itself as the noise seems to come from the compressor.
At idle engaging the AC does not produce the squeal.. but the compressor is making 'bearing is shot' noises.

Anyone suggest part numbers? I'd be ok with replacing belts, do the water pump belt at the same time, the AC bearing, tensioner pulley, AC pulley, perhaps the AC compressor clutch as well.

Any tips on how to get this done as it is looking mighty tight..

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Last edited by 96SC_In_NZ on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

96SC_In_NZ likes this post

Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 4:56 am

Have a hunt through the whole site here, there's an outfit in Rotorua which will likely be able to supply you with a second-hand compressor for a reasonable price; they wreck a lot of Hiaces and are very likely to have the one you need. I can't just now think of their name but I have posted their details here before. (I can't see how to look back at my posts or I'd find it for you, sorry.)

BTW I know it's Christmas, but what's with 'liking' your own post?

jakelistens and 96SC_In_NZ like this post

Back to top Go down
96SC_In_NZ

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 9:13 am

Chur. Yes many wreckers around NZ for those SC's.

As for liking my own post, it's perfectly fine as I identify more as American than Kiwi.

96SC_In_NZ
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 am

Found it:

King Commercial Dismantlers Ltd
380 Ngongotaha Road
Rotorua
Phone (07)3574557
kingcomm@xtra.co.nz

Those guys have been extremely helpful to us on several occasions.
Many parts are the same regardless of whether it is an SC or not.

96SC_In_NZ likes this post

Back to top Go down
jakelistens

Number of posts : 5
Home City : ChCh NZ
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom 3.0 Diesel 4wd
Registration date : 2021-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2021 5:02 am

I've just bought my 96 SC down here in Christchurch. I wonder if the Rotorua folks will send parts or if there's a good lead on a South Island place for parts?
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2021 4:04 am

I think they'd send anywhere, just give them a phone call and ask. They may be closed at the moment for holidays but a call is the best way to find out.
Back to top Go down
jakelistens

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2021 1:49 am

Have you found any place for decent floor mats and seat covers that fit the 96 SC?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
96SC_In_NZ

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2022 10:41 pm

jakelistens wrote:
Have you found any place for decent floor mats and seat covers that fit the 96 SC?
Thanks

If you are after the orginals.. I suggest get a favorite search up on trademe (Trademe is the equiv' of ebay in New Zealand) and the NZ facebook market place. I have seen SC stuff appear from time to time as, like me, there are SC's being converted to campers. For instance if you were looking 5 weeks ago you could have had rear carpet, rear seats, rear trims, etc etc all for $200. In the end I sold the carpet/mats for NZ$20 and the seats for NZ$50 and all the remaining trim went to the refuse station (dump). And, of course, there are the wreckers but their prices will start at NZ$60 for an ashtray, and $600 for seats.

jakelistens likes this post

Back to top Go down
jakelistens

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Thanks 96SC_In_NZ, I'm familiar with Trade me, although I identify as American more than Kiwi also. I've been here a little more than a year and Trade me is a frequent go to. I'm probably looking to get some new mats as restoring this thing to factory isn't really my goal. I'm going to remove the last rear seats but keep the first row so I may put some kind of flooring in the back for mud/gear/sand control. I've seen a few SC 's here on the road, so it seems like a good vehicle for the location. Have you done any coolant system modifications to yours?
Back to top Go down
96SC_In_NZ

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2022 11:02 pm

jakelistens wrote:
Have you done any coolant system modifications to yours?

Nope. That's a bridge too far for me as just using SC as a camper, not towing anything. Even then if towing it would be fine for New Zealand with the state of roading here, as you're not going to be doing more than 80km/h on a climb and the chances are high you are going to be 'stuck' behind something doing 60km/h. If you are towing I'd suggest getting a EGT fitted so you will know 'in real time' how hot your engine is getting.. then just lay off the power, turn off Over Drive so your transmission takes on some of the work, if it is getting hot.

jakelistens likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything   Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late 2021 General Hijacked Thread. Come ask anything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: