Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JonJon

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Bellingham, WA
Registration date : 2021-12-10

1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Empty
PostSubject: 1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files   1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 9:04 am

Hi Everyone,

The center console lid of my 1996 Hiace was detached due to a broken hinge and was driving me crazy, so I decided to design and print a replacement... figured I would share it in case anyone wants to 3D print one.

You will need a 1/8" metal rod. I cut mine at about 7.5" (1/4" gap on both sides) and filled the ends with black epoxy so that the rod remains in place.

1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Hinged10
1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Hiaceh10
1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Hiaceh11

Here are the STL and STP files.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SP-Rpgepq5LbKdyBh-yV9E6XJbQDw-jS?usp=sharing

Also, note that you may need to scale the STL file by 2540... the slicing software doesn't like my CATIA STL files units for some reason. I'm happy to modify it if anyone has any issues.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files   1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 9:33 am

Fantastic work - I have no idea how you would do this. The fittings that attach my awning legs to teh front of the original Japanese Awning are broken. Is this something that can be scanned and 3D printed? It's basically two mouldings joined by a metal universal joint. I haven't been able to source any replacements.
Back to top Go down
JonJon

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Bellingham, WA
Registration date : 2021-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files   1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 11:03 pm

Hi Andonic. I wouldn't be able to tell you unless you provided me some pictures of the part and a description of what kind of loads the part has to support. 3D scans aren't always necessary to reverse engineer a part unless they have complex or freeform geometry. I suggest getting a pair of calipers and making a dimensioned drawing if the part is simple. You can get something fabricated pretty easily if you can provide one of the many online rapid prototyping companies a good drawing or a model. I printed this on a Dremel Digilab 3D45.

Andonic likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files   1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1995 Hiace Center Console Hinge - 3D Print Files
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: