Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How big can I go with the tyres?! New here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uggi4711

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2021-12-06

How big can I go with the tyres?! New here  Empty
PostSubject: How big can I go with the tyres?! New here    How big can I go with the tyres?! New here  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Hey dear hiace friends,

I'm new here and bought me a Toyota hiace 4wd from 1993, so I just drove last week to the beach to try the first time the 4wd factory campervan from Japan 😄, so end of the story I get bogged and someone helped me out 😅...

Now before I invest a lifting kit for 2000$, I'll try to drive  225/70R16 A/T ?? It is possible?

Right now I have 215 /70 r15 ... Eco normal tyres for the street.

And it is possible to put there my front LOCK/FREE system on the front axel? To lock the front wheels to drive 4wd.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

How big can I go with the tyres?! New here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How big can I go with the tyres?! New here    How big can I go with the tyres?! New here  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 7:12 pm

You can fit 225/70R16 just fine. I, and many others are running 235/75R15, which is a larger tire size (about 0.5 inch taller and wider). There is some rub near full steering lock, but not a big deal. AUD$2k sounds like a lot for a lift kit, I'm assuming you are on leaf springs in the rear? Not sure I understand your question about the wheel hubs. Is your van a part-time 4wd with the Hi-Lo transfer case, or the full-time 4wd version?
Back to top Go down

How big can I go with the tyres?! New here
Page 1 of 1