Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trans Mount?!?!?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CherrySloth
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : New Zealand
Model and year : 1994 3LTD 1KZ Super Custom Limited.
Registration date : 2021-03-04

Trans Mount?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Trans Mount?!?!?   Trans Mount?!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:59 am

Hello all, Iv just noticed my transmission mount is destroyed. about a quarter inch around the whole thing. Called up Toyota and they want $210 NZD for that bushing! what?!?! Is that normal? Id might as well leave it broke. Probably been like that for years and caused no issues. only noticed it why tightening torsion bars.

Thanks for any help.
-Z

https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/20/38/20/70/25148210.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/20/38/20/70/25062010.jpg
Back to top Go down
shaggy0928
Not so new now
Not so new now
shaggy0928

Number of posts : 44
Home City : Denver, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-10-09

Trans Mount?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Mount?!?!?   Trans Mount?!?!? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 1:46 pm

My advice would be to try eBay, jp-carparts, megazip, partsouq, or even amazon or other NZ car part places. Since Toyota used a lot of parts in common between cars, it's not impossible that the bushing you seek is common among several vehicles and has a generic version or OE non-Toyota.

Otherwise, that's probably the price. one of those straight from japan places probably has it for less, but I'd find other parts you want along with it to make it worthwhile for shipping.

CherrySloth likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Trans Mount?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Mount?!?!?   Trans Mount?!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 6:42 am

Aftermarket transmission mounts are fine. They’re not like the engine mounts that changed with different models (4WD specifically) that the aftermarket can have problems with.
I use BNT in Wellington and from memory they’re about 1/3rd Toyota price.

CherrySloth likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Trans Mount?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Mount?!?!?   Trans Mount?!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Hello and many thanks for the posts here.

I was starting to look more closely at the rust on my van from end to end with the view to sorting it it all over the next few (many!) weekends and noticed my transmission mount seemed to be odd. See:
Trans Mount?!?!? 2022-016

And
Trans Mount?!?!? 2022-017

It appears my mount has failed in the same ways as yours so it was handy to see the previous pictures.

Did you replace yours?

Based on my internet searches eg here:
https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/engine/1107/12321/

this part might still be available as an OEM part for ~£30 see:
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/1230354041

The aftermarket FEBEST seems a good copy and this cross references with my go-to online parts company, which here is Autodoc. From them I can get various non-OEM parts from ~£15 upwards.

I’ll decide exactly which to get depending on various basket sizes and whether any groups of parts get over free-shipping limits however, I’ll definitely be replacing this part. As is it’d fail a UK MOT test, but I’m hopeful this might quieten the noise on overrun that I have. It's definitely worth the replacement cost if it sorts that!

I’ll also check my other engine mounts but this one seems fairly easy to swap.

Did you swap yours any tips and tricks for an easy win?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trans Mount?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Mount?!?!?   Trans Mount?!?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans Mount?!?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: