Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
parxuk
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2021-05-03

Exhaust woes. Advice needed please. Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.   Exhaust woes. Advice needed please. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:06 am

Need some advice or opinions if possible please:

I have a 1993 Hiace 2.8D auto 4WD Jap import purchased in May.

Exhaust was blowing on the flexi of the front section when I purchased the car in May. The exhaust looked old anyway

Couldnt source one from Toyota, but after research on this forum and elsewhere, found that the Klarius TY363D would be a suitable replacement. Apparently the exhaust front sections for the 2.4 (UK market) and 2.8 are identical so fitement shouldnt be a problem. To the eye thay both looked the same.

Had the new front section fitted 2 months ago. At the same time I also had the front and rear exhsut gaskets replaced and Klarius rubber exhaust braket/holders fitted.

Flexi on new exhaust is now blowing. Dont know if this is a 1 off issue with this part and I have been unlucky, or if something else is going on (bearing in mind the previuos exhaust was blowing in the same area).

Do I fit a new Klarius front exhaust section (£85) and hope it doent happen again. I have been quoted £650 for a custom made exhaust (full system) from Infinity exhauts in Bristol, but this is a massive price difference which I am reluctant to pay.

What would you do?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

Number of posts : 12
Home City : NORFOLK
Registration date : 2018-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.   Exhaust woes. Advice needed please. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Is it worth trying these guys?

JP-Carparts.com

Hayakawa Co.,Ltd

126, Higashiyashikicho, Nishinosho, Kissyouin, Minami-ku,
Kyoto, Japan
601-8311

Mail:info@jp-carparts.com
Tel:+8175-748-7964
Fax:+8175-748-7952
URL:jp-carparts.com
Back to top Go down
parxuk
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2021-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.   Exhaust woes. Advice needed please. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Thanks for that. Klarius are replacing the part under warranty so I will swap it out and see what the new one is like. If it happens again I think I will have no choice but to go the custom route.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.   Exhaust woes. Advice needed please. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 pm

I’d be checking motor mounts & gearbox mounts. That custom price sounds pretty extreme. Any general garage with exhaust experience should be able to see if there’s a problem and if necessary either replace the flex joint or even make up a whole system cheaper than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.   Exhaust woes. Advice needed please. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust woes. Advice needed please.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: