Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wadem_d

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Shellharbour
Registration date : 2021-07-25

2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers Empty
PostSubject: 2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers   2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 am

Hey guys,

New here, but I'm looking at buying a van to convert into a camper that is somewhat capable off road (nothing crazy at all, just so I can get a little further around Australia than most 2wd vans). I've been looking at purchasing a 2001 hiace grand cabin (kh-kzh120g), which from what I gather is basically a super custom with a higher roof and super long wheel base. So I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to lift these guys and if required are there any lift kits available, seeing as though I've seen a fair few super customs lifted. Also wondering if anyone knows if its possible to put in rear diff locks? I know it's possible in the 200 series hiaces but not sure about super customs, specifically grand cabins.

Any help or advice welcome!

Cheers,

Wade

HiaceTRD likes this post

Back to top Go down
HiaceTRD

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Vancouver
Registration date : 2022-03-03

2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers   2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 4:09 am

I’ve got a KZH120G, and to lift it, replace the rear springs with the Hiace Super Custom 4wd springs - they fit, and will give you about 2” of lift for the rear. For the front end, wind up the torsion bars to match the rear. Got an overall 2” lift on mine. I also changed the bump stops to adjust for the lift, and upgraded my shocks as well. Then I got a set of BFG KO2s (LT215 75R15’s). Check out Roamer (Roamernw.com). Those guys are Hiace gurus and they can help you out! They are based in Seattle, WA, and they set me up with the lift. I’m sure they’d send whatever you need to wherever you live, or at least be able to tell you a hell of a lot more than I can. With regards to lockers, I’m looking at that too mate. I believe the ARB air lockers for the HILUX will fit (ARB Part # RD132). Good luck and let me know how it goes!
Back to top Go down

2001 Hiace Grand Cabin - lift kit and rear diff lockers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Modified 'Aces :: Modified 'Aces-
Jump to: