Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moorad23
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : Fresno CA
Model and year : 1991 Toyota Hiace Ambulance 4x4
Registration date : 2016-12-25

Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Empty
PostSubject: Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.   Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Just like it sounds.

I went to turn on my van one morning, drove it like 10 miles down the freeway and noticed my rear window had turned opaque. Weird, I just washed the van yesterday. I stop and wipe off this opaque fluid and realize something. It smells exactly like diesel. Shit. I turn the van back on and notice the steady drip of diesel. Into the shop it goes. The injection pump gets extracted and I am given a lead on an good shop in San Diego that will rebuild it. I take the pump home to my shop and debate whether or not I could try and rebuild the thing or at least replace the simple orings I can access. Nah, much to complicated, leave it to the pros. So I send it off, USPS priority 2 day, insure it and proceed to leave on vacation. Well after a week, still no delivery. It's now been 2 weeks and I'm deep in USPS hell thinking this thing may actually be gone.

Now that the actual heart of my van is out and disappeared, I'm scrambling. If this thing doesnt turn up I have to find a new one which is gonna be expensive and not a simple task for me.

Jp-carparts.com said the part is discontinued.
I was able to find what I think is a Chinese knockoff through vepump.com

Anyway the part numbers that I am working with are such:

096000-4910
22100-54830

Pump VE4/10F2100R491

My van is a 1991 Hiace LH129 3L. 4x4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Moorad23
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.   Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Img_2011
Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Screen12
Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Screen13
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.   Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 4:19 am

The Japanese Yahoo! auction site (accessed through proxy sites like Buyee) have IPs available. They're not cheap, but they are OEM.
Back to top Go down
Moorad23
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.   Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 7:04 pm

Djathens, maybe you are seeing something I'm not, I found zero results on that site searching my parameters. Do you have a link?
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.   Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Sorry, I didn't check the current listings before I posted. The only ones listed right now are rebuild listings, so you'd have to send a core to them first, which you don't currently have. I've seen pumps that didn't require sending a core, but there aren't any on there now. You can do a search on LH119 and then sort descending by price to see if a used one pops up. I have seen them before, but there are none there now. Hope your original pump shows up!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.   Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help. US Postal Service lost my Injection Pump.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: