Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 61
Home City : Carson NM
Model and year : 95 super custom, auto, full time 4x4, 1kzte
Registration date : 2021-03-29

Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Empty
PostSubject: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 12:14 am

Im in the US so ordered a speed m8 to convert to mph. Instructions call for connecting a black wire to the “brown wire that comes out of brown plug”. But there is no brown wire at the brown plug. Has anyone installed one of these?
Back to top Go down
brewera
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 51
Home City : Hood River, Oregon
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 6:50 am

i know nothing about the speed m8. i'd be interested how it goes for you. in the meantime, i just use the multiples of 6 formula and so far it works for me keeping my digital OG
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 3:51 pm

I did hear from NCS, the maker of the speed m8. In their instructions they mention pin locations in conjunction with wire colors, but as it turns out, the pin location is in error, so you only want to rely on wire color. In total there are 6 wires coming from the speed m8. You only use 5 of the 6. NCS confirmed red wire is switched 12v, and black wire is ground. So I just did a chassis ground with the black wire. How it works is basically this, aside from your 12v supply and ground wire, there are 4 other wires to deal with coming from the speed m8, blue, gray, and brown and purple (you do not use purple). You cut the red/black wire (on the vehicle) 2 inches from the plug and join the loom side of red/black to gray wire to route the signal to the speed m8 controller, this will “hi-jack” the signal and reroute it to the speed m8 where it does its whammy on the signal, and sends it back out the blue wire that you connect to the plug side of the red/black wire. For auto transmissions only, the brown wire on the speed m8 is connected to the loom side of the purple/white wire you cut, and the then you insulate the plug side of purple/white wire (no idea what that is about). The 6th wire left on the speed m8 like I mentioned, is a purple wire which is not used, so just insulate the end of it. Im taking it for a drive today to confirm my work.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 3:54 pm

I should also mentioned that i video recorded the process and plan on posting a youtube video about the install.
Back to top Go down
robmulally

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Sydney, Australia
Model and year : 1995 3L super custom 4x4
Registration date : 2021-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 2:01 pm

TacticalAnt wrote:
I should also mentioned that i video recorded the process and plan on posting a youtube video about the install.

Did you end to posting the video is love to see it , I have a 95 with digital dash and have a dead bulb curious how hard it is to access/replace.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 7:39 pm

robmulally wrote:
TacticalAnt wrote:

Did you end to posting the video is love to see it , I have a 95 with digital dash and have a dead bulb curious how hard it is to access/replace.

Haven't posted because i dont known how to edit yet!
Check out this guy: skip the unimportant stuff and go to the 5:00 min mark
https://youtu.be/sVyMiKu5GbE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash   Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with wiring diagram 94 kzh106 digital dash
Page 1 of 1