Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stereo Stuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

Stereo Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Stereo Stuff   Stereo Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 4:03 am

Hi everyone. Hard to find parts for the Hiace online when nobody knows what that is. I just pulled my wife’s apart and I think I have a handle on what’s in it which might help you in the future

If you have the upgraded stereo (set of speakers in the ceiling) it is pretty weird. It has 10 speakers and 2 amps. Also uses a 14 pin connector which I think only hit America for one year of the Toyota MR2. The colors on the back of it don’t match either. But here’s what’s in it:

14 Pin JBL harness. Metro makes a 15 pin harness and you can update it /modernize it that way.
Front Amp 33Wx4. It is mostly upward and behind the glovebox.
Front knee speakers: 4” (10cm) metric. 4 ohm, 86db.
Front door tweeters: 2.5cm
Roof speakers: regular 4” bolt pattern with separate 2.5 cm tweeters wired in parallel in a pod. Grill pulls straight out with clips.
Rear speakers: 4.7” (12cm), 4 ohm 88db. They are a really weird size. 5 1/4 standard speakers fit in the pod but you have to trim the ring a little bit to clear the frames. I don’t see how you could get anything bigger in there.
Rear amp 33wx2 mounted on the wall beneath the R/R speaker.

All the speakers have regular spade connections from Toyota so you don’t need to splice in any adaptors which is nice.

Back to top Go down

Stereo Stuff
Page 1 of 1