Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RHS headlamp with fog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

RHS headlamp with fog Empty
PostSubject: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 3:59 am

Does anyone have a Drivers (right) hand side headlamp (with embedded fog lamp) for sale that looks better than mine which is all clouded up.  I tried removing the fog from it to no avail.

RHS headlamp with fog Image010

for reference the toyota part number is 81130-26070

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 4:56 am

If that fog isn't inside there's a headlight restorer product I've used which is excellent. I only found out about it when our Hiace failed its WOF and the examiner told me about it, it brought them up like new again.
'CRC Headlight Doctor'
Should be available in your nearest auto parts store.

CustardCrazy likes this post

Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

PostSubject: Re: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 1:26 am

Hi AgathaAlice,
Yes I have used that on plastic lenses to good effect but in this case the glass lens is Ok and the reflector seems to have something outgassed onto it that I couldn't remove by going in through the globe hole.
I was tempted to separate the glass from the reflecter / housing but too much trouble especially as I can't re "silver" the reflector.  I can get a new one from about $420 AUD it seems so I might just have to do that!
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 am

You should be able to get a used housing from the Japanese auctions, try searching on Buyee.jp, you may be able to save a lot of money that way.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 10:36 am

CustardCrazy wrote:
Hi AgathaAlice,
Yes I have used that on plastic lenses to good effect but in this case the glass lens is Ok and the reflector seems to have something outgassed onto it that I couldn't remove by going in through the globe hole.
I was tempted to separate the glass from the reflector / housing but too much trouble especially as I can't re "silver" the reflector.  I can get a new one from about $420 AUD it seems so I might just have to do that!

Yes, this style headlamp has a faulty mirror coating, many fail like that. I had a terrible job getting a replacement until I contacted a Toyota dealer, who simply ordered them from Japan for me, at a reasonable price.

I would buy a new pair, and sell the other side as used: the new ones are made properly and very good.
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

PostSubject: Re: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 11:45 am

Thanks for the replies. I have gotten onto buyee.jp as djathens suggested and bought a pair of headlamps. Crazy postage to australia abpit $200 and about $120 fo the headlights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RHS headlamp with fog   RHS headlamp with fog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RHS headlamp with fog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Anything for sale or needed. (for the super custom blah blah) :: I need ...-
Jump to: