Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RAINYDAY

Number of posts : 12
Home City : NORFOLK
Registration date : 2018-01-04

CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Empty
PostSubject: CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE   CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 11:18 am

Hi

I have a Toyota Hiace High Top Camper van - LWB 4 x 4 2001 model - import and no engine number - The log book show just the chassis number

Running fine and put it in for a service and MOT - PRE MOT check says I need-

Nearside front upper ball joint - need whole arm as well

Brake pads

& a hub seal nearside

When my friend puts in the parts online it says they don't stock it.

I am left with my lovely van unable to get it through an MOT

Can anyone help or suggest where i might be able to get these parts?

Thank you so much

Clair
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE   CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 pm

I think it would help to ID your Vehicle model.  If you go to this website and type in the VIN from the logbook you will get the model number:  https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html

For example my VIN is LH1196000039
And I get my model number LH119V-RRPES

Then go to this website https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/ and put in the model number and you get lots of info about your model and access to diagrams of all the parts of your van with the part numbers.  THat might help you find out whether the local toyota dealer really has the parts you need, if not it will help you to find them on the internet.  Good luck

Pete_nz likes this post

Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE   CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 10:35 am

Thank you Andonic, we have sourced on Ebay now - parts on order - many thanks for your help on this
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE   CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Btw, Your engine number, paint code, transmission code etc should be on the chassis/build plate under the carpet flap visible when you lift the front passenger seat/engine cover.
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE   CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 8:49 am

Thank you both - as it was the Ebay part was wrong so I will be following your advice to get one.

I really worry about getting parts in the UK nothing seems to fit.

Hopefully these guys can sort me out.

Your advice is hugely appreciated. Our van was a project, but my husband sadly had a ruptured brain anuerysm and I have now been left to sort it out. It was his baby so trying to get it all done so I can take him out in it and go fishing, but proving very difficult!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE   CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAN YOU HELP CAN'T GET MOT DUE TO PARTS ISSUE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: