Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

looking for right front seatbelt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bagface
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 59
Home City : Aussie
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Living Saloon Ex 4wd 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-06-01

looking for right front seatbelt Empty
PostSubject: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 am

been through all the wreckers - only 1 at $300! - 20 years old+

coil on mine worn out - tried winding it up and failed...
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:02 pm

You should be able to find one on Buyee.jp

I've seen a number of seat belts on there for way less than $300.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 6:05 am

Should be able to find aftermarket belts at reasonable prices, I think they're a fairly standard fitting, and at least you can trust them as new unlike ones from a wrecker.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm

Hello.

How did you get on with the replacement seatbelt?

This is on my list of things to get, too. I was pretty surprised it passed the previous MOT as the belt is quite badly frayed but the locking mecanism seems sound, I don't think it's possible to get just the belt portion and it's ~30y old, too. Also, the fraying hasn't 'just happened' but it's never been mentioned on the MOT. On other cars I've had alerts for seemingly inocuous damage to the best and I think my MOT garage wouldn't pass the one that's there. All the other belts (and I have additional 3 point belts on the rear seats) are fine and the driver's one is critical.

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/body/7152/73210/ seems to be the range of options and there's several colours available.

Anyway, keen to know other options before taking this route, please?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 11:38 pm

Hi. Spoke to Toyota parts the other day about this and was quoted £119 (+VAT, sadly) for a new OEM belt. Will get opinion on current belt from MOT tester in coming days, but I reckon it's probably worth going new for this compared to another 30y old belt from a scrapyard.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 7:03 am

Are they really a special fitting? I thought most belts are fairly standard; our new camper needed belts replaced and we got them from an aftermarket supplier, didn't cost much at all and were excellent quality.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Hello

I shelled out the dosh for the Toyota one and it's spot on. Came with new fasteners, bracketry and included the trim pieces too. For this safety critical item I didn't mind too much. Figured the driver's belt gets the most wear (at least everytime the vehicle is driven) so why not treat myself here?

If you need the part number give me a shout...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for right front seatbelt   looking for right front seatbelt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1