Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
turbodiesel

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Oakland
Registration date : 2021-01-28

Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Empty
PostSubject: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Hey y'all. I have a 1996 Toyota Hiace 1KZ 4WD Hightop Cruising Cabin Camper. It has a kitchen in the rear as seen in the photo. (FYI the attached photo is not my van, but it's the same kitchen camper setup.) I was going to re-do the shocks (and add a lift), but unfortunately they are inaccessible unless we lift off the covering/face/floor of the entire kitchen. Cutting access panels into the floor doesn't appear to be an option (because of fridge location) This is a very surprising setup by Toyota! Does anyone have any experience with the removal of the kitchen and/or accessing these shocks? Is this even possible? Oyyyy thanks for your help!

Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper 110
Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper 210

Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 2:42 am

Are the shocks toast? You should be able to do a lift without having to completely remove and replace them.
Back to top Go down
turbodiesel

PostSubject: Re: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 2:47 am

Hey, yeah the shocks are toast!
Back to top Go down
turbodiesel

PostSubject: Re: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 8:24 pm

We figured out how to do it. Part of the floor was successfully removed.

Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Resize10
Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Resize11
Back to top Go down
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 12:40 am

There was no way to do it from underneath?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
henr2011

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Karamea
Registration date : 2017-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:10 am

I'm astonished that you couldn't replace rear shocks from below. I have the ambulance version of the same model (KZH138), so it concerns me. Was there a removable panel in the floor which was uncovered when you removed part of the kitchen?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper   Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing kitchen to add shocks for '96 Crusing Cabin Camper
Page 1 of 1