Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello and my first question - seating thoughts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mrfreeski

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Norwich
Registration date : 2020-12-07

Hello and my first question - seating thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Hello and my first question - seating thoughts   Hello and my first question - seating thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 11:06 am

Hi all

I am VERY excited having just bought a Super Custom and entering the wonderful Hiace world. A quick question ... I have a 2+1 seat and a rear bench. I would like to have a 2+2 facing set up in the back. If I can get hold of another 2 person seat can this be done?

If I haven't described that well then I apologise!

Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Hello and my first question - seating thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and my first question - seating thoughts   Hello and my first question - seating thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 7:30 pm

I not sure you can do this as a plug-and-play solution, as the bolt pattern in the floor pan (different part #'s between Limited and SC trim) may be different between the Limited and the SC trim levels. It's possible each floor pan carries holes for both trims with some plugged depending on which seat configuration is installed, you'd have to look under the carpet to see. So, you might have to do some DIY mods to the floor pan to make it work.

Since the seat unit locations are are different between the Super Custom and the Limited trim, swapping them might reveal areas of bare floor where the bolts go (again, different part #'s between trim levels). I know for certain that the floor mats are different between the models, so some trimming may be involved there as well. Best of luck, let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down

Hello and my first question - seating thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: