Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front Overhead lights not working?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jbouchelle10
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : White Salmon, Washington
Model and year : 1992 Toyota Hiace 2.8l 3L LH107 Diesel 4x4 ATM 4-Speed
Registration date : 2020-08-04

Front Overhead lights not working? Empty
PostSubject: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Has anybody had any experience with the overhead-front door-map lights in the front of their vans stop working? I assume it is a short somewhere. It was working a few weeks ago.

I think** I checked all the fuses. It only seems to mess with the overhead lights in the front of the van where the button for the rear moon roof is. I also checked the bulbs, and they appear to be fine...but I could pursue that deeper.

Any insight?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Is this happening while you are inside the van and you push the button to turn them on and they don't come on, or when you open either of the front doors and they don't come on?
Back to top Go down
jbouchelle10
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 8:42 pm

Both. I know there is a button to set them to turn on when the doors open up. And neither seems to work at all at the moment. I.E., trying to turn them on manually (each) and setting them to work when the door is open.
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Ok, just checking. I had issues with the lights not coming on when the doors opened, even though the switch that controls that was in the right position. I had to take out the sensors in the door jambs and clean off the corrosion and hit the contacts with some dielectric grease. All good after that.

Have you taken a voltmeter to the contacts where the bulbs go, or checked all the electrical connections up there to make sure nothing has worked loose/broken?
Back to top Go down
jbouchelle10
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 9:08 pm

Noted on that. I have not checked it with a voltmeter or the electrical connections. I will delve in a little deeper. Thanks for the insight!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 6:39 am

Check for a possible loose earth connection also as a bolt or screw may have come loose, assuming the wiring is shared for both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Overhead lights not working?   Front Overhead lights not working? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Overhead lights not working?
Page 1 of 1