Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup Empty
PostSubject: Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup   Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Thought everyone might appreciate seeing this kit that was designed specifically for the swb Hiaces. Courtesy of Vanlife Northwest in Portland, OR USA.

https://www.vanlifenorthwest.com/spacecabin

Last edited by djathens on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

GPW, jbouchelle10, Regor2 and LH119V like this post

Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup   Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 pm

That is fantastic but having had 12v compressor fridge in a Hiace would not advise it they keep you awake at night its not the compressor that makes noise its the cooling fan , sold ours and got a 3way silence is golden and will not flatten your battery.
Back to top Go down
StephenDgomez
StephenDgomez

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Portland, Oregon
Model and year : '96 HiAce 4wd Diesel
Registration date : 2023-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup   Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 2:50 am

Hi djathens: I live in Portland too and just joined this forum because I bought a '96 HiAce 3.0L diesel from Danny at Van Life NW. It's still in the shop having the Space Cabin package installed that you linked to here. I saw in another thread that you seem to have access to owner's manuals--if you still do could you send a link my way? Thanks
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup   Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 3:15 pm

JT69 wrote:
That is fantastic but having had 12v compressor fridge in a Hiace would not advise it they keep you awake at night its not the compressor that makes noise its the cooling fan , sold ours and got a 3way silence is golden and will not flatten your battery.

Hello JT69. Can you elaborate on the fridge? Is yours a modern caravan fridge that runs of 12V or 240V? What's the third? Apols if it's obvious what you don't like from the YT vid, I watched it a while ago but didn't sit through it this time.

I have the original (?) 12V Engel 45L. It's not loud and has no fan. It does consume a bit of juice but cools very well and is well insulated so its duty cycle is low.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup   Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Custom 'Space-Cabin' camper setup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Modified 'Aces :: Modified 'Aces-
Jump to: