Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new shape super custom - never seen one

Go down 
+3
jimsmim
alfazar
gsxr-jonesy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gsxr-jonesy

Number of posts : 16
Home City : surbiton
Model and year : 92 Camper
Registration date : 2008-04-02

new shape super custom - never seen one Empty
PostSubject: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:27 am

hi all

is it just me, or are there no new shape super customs in the uk? by new shape, i mean this one
http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?sid=1149688

in the uk, the newer shape hiace is a horrible looking thing.....where as the japanese version looks like a more modern, and much beefier looking version of the van's we have

i just wondered why there seemed to be none of them over here?

i think the look superb. some of the vans on the tradecarview site are stunning.....when i win the lottery (should be any week now), i shall be importing one...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:56 pm

I see Wellhouseleisure in the UK are importing them to convert to campers.
http://www.wellhouseleisure.com/
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:58 pm

I've been down to well house and seen the new hiace... nice and roomy... but their convertion is pretty run of the mill, only having seating for 4 or 5 unlike the already converted in japan campers which make much better use of the space plus the price these guys charge is a total joke.... affraid
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:58 am

I've never seen the new shape being decribed as a super custom (I may be wrong), looking through jap aution sites the only late model luxury vans i've found are the nissan el grande's. I was concidering buying one as they are just starting to land here in OZ but they are a bit of an unknown quantity as far as parts go. I think the era of extravegance has ended in japan Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:23 am

the el grand is similiar size to the hiace powervan/VWt5/granvia........a lot less room than a super custom...
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 am

yeah , I was loking at the nissan as well but but decided to go with the bullet proof toyota SC, have;nt got it yet as it's still on the ship , should be driving it in another few weeks , cant wait to throw the mal in the back and go looking for surf in queensland, The nissan is alot of car for the money but Toyota has the !kz engine and body parts are easy to get, so i'll see you on the road soon and in the bush as well. sunny Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Hope the delivery goes well.

Post some pics when you get it.. Bush pics would be good.. we dont get to see SC's there often
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:10 am

Here some camping pic's of mine in da bush. new shape super custom - never seen one 4wd_ca12new shape super custom - never seen one 4wd_ca10new shape super custom - never seen one 4wd_ca11new shape super custom - never seen one 4wd_ca13 click on tha image.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new shape super custom - never seen one   new shape super custom - never seen one Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new shape super custom - never seen one
Page 1 of 1