Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sliding back door VERY STICKY?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jbouchelle10
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : White Salmon, Washington
Model and year : 1992 Toyota Hiace 2.8l 3L LH107 Diesel 4x4 ATM 4-Speed
Registration date : 2020-08-04

Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Empty
PostSubject: Sliding back door VERY STICKY?   Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2020 9:37 pm

Hey Guys,

My back sliding door is very sticky. Has anyone had this issue in the past? Do the little bearings in the runner of the door need to be greased? It seems very weather dependent, but that could be my imagination?

Sometimes it won't go back; therefore, I pull it forward and gently try to get it fully open again. Any insight? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Sliding back door VERY STICKY?   Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 1:28 pm

I've noticed the same problem recently. I suspect it all needs a good clean and regreasing.

jbouchelle10 likes this post

Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Sliding back door VERY STICKY?   Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm

I periodically wipe any greasy dirt out of the track and spray a silicone lubricant on all contact/rolling points, keeps things sliding nicely. Probably 2-3 times a year.

ruffnut and jbouchelle10 like this post

Back to top Go down
jbouchelle10
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : White Salmon, Washington
Model and year : 1992 Toyota Hiace 2.8l 3L LH107 Diesel 4x4 ATM 4-Speed
Registration date : 2020-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Sliding back door VERY STICKY?   Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Noted. I kind of assumed that was the case. Additionally, it has been brutally dry-dusty here. I will try cleaning out the ports and adding silicone lube to the rolling pieces. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
4Misch
4Misch

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Eugene
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Sliding back door VERY STICKY?   Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:27 pm

I recently had this happen to me. It happened after taking it on a long gravel road with severe and unpredictable washboarding. Actually turns out that there are two rollers which are loosely secured to the assembly. It's highlighted in this post and GPW does a great job at explaining how to do the job in this post:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t3328-sliding-door-roller?highlight=door+rollers

He also gives dimensions of the new rollers. Turned out that both of mine were missing. GPW also gave the dimensions of the rollers, I thought I had to possibly order them online, but I went to my local fastener supply store and found some metric stainless spacers that measured 4mm ID, 6mm OD, and 10mm H. The dimensions of the OEM parts were the same, except the height is 9.5mm. I figured I could at least grind or file 0.5mm off the height. I took the rolling assembly off, which you need to be extremely careful of as the door can fall and possibly damage the bottom and top rollers. It might be useful to use a second person to support the door as it's fairly heavy.
I took out the middle rolling assembly, cleaned it, greased it, and installed the new rollers before installing it back on the van.
Fixed my problem and took a total of ~2 hours including my trip to the hardware store. The spacers costed me ~$5. Much quicker and cheaper than ordering OEM parts from Japan.

Hopefully this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sliding back door VERY STICKY?   Sliding back door VERY STICKY? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sliding back door VERY STICKY?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: